Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default [Done; thanks!] Can someone please convert a file for me?

Hi! Wow, long time since I've been here. Just checked: 3 years (almost to the day!) and I was asking for the same thing, but a different file.

A little backstory, but skip to the end if you're not interested... I started as a RISC OS Artworks user, and adored that software. I moved to Windows some time after Acorn bit the dust and found that the software had evolved into Xara, and was then a happy user of that for many years. Then I switched to Linux (where I happily remain) and was delighted when Xara LX arrived. I used that as long as I could bear it -- it was very, very buggy and very infrequently updated. Perhaps you guys know more than I, but I got the impression volunteer developers couldn't sink their teeth into it due to a lack of code documentation, or maybe spaghetti code, or some other issue with the source base. Eventually when I couldn't take it any more I moved to Inkscape. I still miss certain features and the incredible raw speed of Xara, but I do love the interoperability of working natively with SVG. Anyway, the current fact is that I can't open my old Xara files, and today I find I need one.

Can someone please open this file and export it as SVG (preferably) or EPS? PDF would be okay too -- as long as vectors come out which I can read I'm happy. It would be very, very helpful. On attaching this it looks like it's almost 3M. I'm not sure how what I thought was just the outline of a dragon could add up to that much, so maybe there's a reference image embedded or something like that. It's only the dragon I really need, though I'd be interested to know what else is in there. Maybe there were multiple revisions of the dragon.

Thanks so much.

dragon2009.xar
    Last edited by tremendous; 06 November 2015 at 08:58 PM.

Default Re: Can someone please convert a file for me?

For whatever reason, the vector dragon took on the fill from the background.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-003699.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	110892

I didn't bother converting the whole. There is some text and bitmap.

Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Can someone please convert a file for me?

That's perfect; thanks so much!

Ah, it was for an album cover; I guess I added a texture so I could composite it on to the other art in the way I wanted more easily.