Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can I make a Professional E Commerce Store using Xara program?

I am wanting to make a full e commerce store to sell my products. Can I make a professional e commerce store using Web Designer 11 Premium or Designer Pro X?

I downloaded the trial for the Designer Pro X, but it doesnt show the widgets or templates in the right fly out bar (I am assuming because it is a trial version) so I cannot really tell.

I am wondering how the cart functionality is and how the order management panel is or how it works.

Thank you for any help and advice.

Default Re: Can I make a Professional E Commerce Store using Xara program?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

The missing galleries appear to be a bug as lots of members have had the same problem. Go to Window > Control Bars and then in the Control Bars menu press Reset. I think this will restore the missing galleries.

Many users use ecwid http://www.ecwid.com/ to create a shopping cart, e-commerce store for Web Designer and Designer Pro X.

Quote Originally Posted by kdh38 View Post
    I am wanting to make a full e commerce store to sell my products. Can I make a professional e commerce store using Web Designer 11 Premium or Designer Pro X?

I downloaded the trial for the Designer Pro X, but it doesnt show the widgets or templates in the right fly out bar (I am assuming because it is a trial version) so I cannot really tell.

I am wondering how the cart functionality is and how the order management panel is or how it works.

Thank you for any help and advice.
    You can create an e-commerce site in XWD but I wouldn;t recommend it for large scale businesses. The primary consideration is the fact that XWD has not database functionality so you have to create all product pages, categories and button manually, for small to medium e-commerce stores this fine especially when coupled with PayPal, but of course the larger the store the more cumbersome it will become. In terms of cart functionality this is not part of XWD so you have to rely on a third party like PayPal or Ecwid, and of course there is no management panel in XWD so again it is whatever your cart provider provides.

I have a e-commerce template that is free until midnight today that I think will give you a good understanding of what XWD can do.

Get Arcadia

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics

The missing galleries appear to be a bug as lots of members have had the same problem. Go to Window > Control Bars and then in the Control Bars menu press Reset. I think this will restore the missing galleries.

Many users use ecwid http://www.ecwid.com/ to create a shopping cart, e-commerce store for Web Designer and Designer Pro X.
    Thanks for the help. The Windows rest thing worked. Also thanks for the help with the shopping cart thing. I will take a look at that.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics

Would the ecwid shopping products be indexed in a search engine like the rest of the site, since it is bringing in the product information from another source?

As it is ecwid products will not be indexed by the search engines due to the whole setup being ajax based, there is a way to have your products indexed by following this guide https://help.ecwid.com/customer/en/p...ur-ecwid-store
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

I have an eCommerce site built in Web Designer Premium.
    I use the Paypal Shopping Cart and embed the buttons manually.
    Building the site was very time-consuming.