Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Need help - WD 11 Premium Won't Export my website - error message 7343.k.xp.gn

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Is there plenty of spare space on your hard drive?
    More than 7Gb.

Default Re: Need help - WD 11 Premium Won't Export my website - error message 7343.k.xp.gn

Readyboost is for quick start-up times, so I wouldn't expect any improvement here whatsoever. 2GB is not much memory at all considering your document size.
    well not really totally true. anything that can be stored on the usb ReadyBoost will save that bit of ram from being used. so whether it uses it directly or indirectly it "increases" ram. granted, i wouldn't expect to see a big difference either but if it was right at the edge of working it would help. i agree, best bet is add more ram. that said, 4GB is even gonna be pushing it

So I tried again with the desktop computer. This time running ReadyBoost with 700Mb on standby, and running the Task Manager to see the effect on resources.
    The process crashed well before the RAM was used up, and the CPU wasn't being pushed to the limit either.

Hi RacerChris,

The error message your receiving, Error Message 7343.k.xp.gn, is that your computer is running out of memory whilst creating bitmaps for your site. The only thing I can really suggest is to use a more powerful computer/ cleaner computer, dividing your site into smaller sites, and making sure all your images are optimised, also in WD11, we also create "Retina" resolution bitmaps, you can also disable this feature, by going to Utilities >> Web Properties >> At the bottom of the Website Tab, which should reduce the memory requirements.
    Last edited by Ben.Moses; 05 November 2015 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben.Moses View Post
    Hi RacerChris,

The error message your receiving, Error Message 7343.k.xp.gn, is that your computer is running out of memory whilst creating bitmaps for your site. The only thing I can really suggest is to use a more powerful computer/ cleaner computer, dividing your site into smaller sites, and making sure all your images are optimised, also in WD11, we also create "Retina" resolution bitmaps, you can also disable this feature, by going to Utilities >> Web Properties >> At the bottom of the Website Tab, which should reduce the memory requirements.
    This gives me something to work with, thank you.
    All the images are optimized at 96 dpi, but...
    every page currently has a large bitmap background image behind all the content.

Quote Originally Posted by RacerChris View Post
    every page currently has a large bitmap background image behind all the content.
    I checked the index_htm_files folder and ordered them by file size. The 50+ largest PNG files were between .4Mb and 1.8Mb.
    Those images were generated using the fractal cloud transparency.
    I'll change them to flat with 30% transparency. This should cut the file size considerably.

Chris, if you can afford it, now is the time to update that computer.

Chris, if you can afford it, now is the time to update that computer.
    I need another year at least.

One of my employees showed me that when my web pages load, the background is the last thing to fill in, so the changes will help anyone browsing my site.

I think you'll find that upgrading one of your computers is a lot cheaper than you imagine - particularly if you buy second-hand. It will probably save you a lot of hassle. Maybe you can just upgrade the memory on the desktop?

Success!
    Now there is only one file larger than 1Mb, and the total website size is only 23Mb.
    Next step is to upload to the server and test the site with with my iPhone.