Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Need help - WD 11 Premium Won't Export my website - error message 7343.k.xp.gn

This is a website I created in WD7 Premium and have had online for several years through a couple of revisions.
    The data file is just over 15 MB and the finished website will be over 70 MB.
    I had occasional problems exporting in WD7 but it always worked if I restarted the computer before exporting.
    With WD11 the result has been the same every time so far, after getting to 99% of Converting for export: internal program error 7343.k.xp.gn
    Compaq Presario CQ50 laptop with 2GB ram.

Any suggestions?
    If its a ram issue I have a desktop computer that should handle it.

Default Re: Need help - WD 11 Premium Won't Export my website - error message 7343.k.xp.gn

You might be better off publishing the site to a folder on your desktop. Double click on the index.htm or index.html file and preview the site. If all looks OK then use a third party FTP program (for example Filezilla) to upload your files to your web host.

Default Re: Need help - WD 11 Premium Won't Export my website - error message 7343.k.xp.gn

I was exporting to a folder in My Documents. The files never get written before the error occurs.

either bump up the ram to 4GB (since it's 32 bit that's all that it will recognize) or maybe try using a good/fast USB memory stick configured to use as ReadyBoost. if it doesn't auto-play, just go into the drive's Properties dialog and select the ReadyBoost tab. it might possibly help

I'll try that, thanks.

Readyboost is for quick start-up times, so I wouldn't expect any improvement here whatsoever. 2GB is not much memory at all considering your document size.

The flash drive I used provided another 730MB but Windows Vista Home Premium couldn't use it due to a missing file named "Common".
    So I downloaded a trial copy of WD11 to my desktop with 4Gb Ram running Windows 7 Home Premium and tried to export my website again.
    No improvement - Same internal error message.
    Xara Knowledgebase has no info on my error message.

Is there plenty of spare space on your hard drive?

I have moved this from the Xara Graphics Chat to the Xara Web Design Chat.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I have moved this from the Xara Graphics Chat to the Xara Web Design Chat.
    I wasn't sure since I didn't think of it as a web design issue.
    Thank you.