Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "pagination" controls like "load more", and sort/search options in WD?

Is it possible to add a "load more" option or something similar to a page? I am somewhat in charge of getting a website togeteher for a nonprofit (orphanage) and the site would have a page (or pages) of listings of each child, with details on each one. I would like to assemble it in a grid, so creating the grid isn't a problem, but with several dozen (a few hundred) entries it will need to be broken up over several pages, or using a "load more" option. Second question, how about a sort or search button? I think I know the answer to that one but anyhow......

I have been out of the Xara loop for a while, though I still use 7 Premium (though an upgrade would be first on the list. Cool new features!! ), and couldn't find any info. And not sure if WD is best suited to something like this. I have tried Wordpress but there is a def. a learning curve to it. TIA!

Default Re: "pagination" controls like "load more", and sort/search options in WD?

You would have to create multiple pages and then each one would have a Prev / Next link at the bottom to move between pages. Because XWD doesn;t have any database functionality its not possible to use automated pagination or to search data.

Default Re: "pagination" controls like "load more", and sort/search options in WD?

CMS would be the best option for this type of site
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Okay, thank you. I knew the prev./next button / multi-page site would be at least a last resort, but that answers my questions. I just recently heard of and learned about CMS and tried starting a Wordpress site, but I'm a graphic designer and not a real site-builder guru!..........again thanks.

I know this isn't very handy, but I think you can simulate it using a supersite, if I understood correctly what you want to do. You would have to create everything manually. See example.
    Maybe better to do some PHP programming?
    No idea regarding the search function.

EDIT: Sorry, forget about that. Supersites have not been available in version 7 I guess.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks siran, yes I can't view the file without a few errors with my version 7, but I have seen the supersite features. Pretty neat, however there would be several additional pages that need to be added as well (contact, about, etc.). I wish I knew more code knowledge, but for right now....I just don't.

If you are interested in something like shown here: http://oerel.goip.de/list/
    then have a look at the attached example and check if it works in V7.
    I have zipped it because the example data is placed in the support folder.
    Instead of having a fixed text file a PHP script could be used to collect the data.
    Let me know if you want to give it a try and need help to adapt it to your needs.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I see how you did that, yes that is an idea. I have actually somewhat decided it better to go with Wordpress (for the possibility of future admins and contributors...) but I am still leaving this as a possibility. Thanks again for your help, I am going to play some more with this idea.

I have to say that having an orphanage website full of pictures of children doesn't sound great to me. Why are all those pictures being listed online?

It will be very similar to many other orphanages that offer sponsorships, this is a smaller African organization that has monthly sponsors in the U.S, and operates under a larger ministry. Sponsors-to-be click on the image of the child they want to sponsor, can see a few details, etc. (I know there is sponsorship software for sites, though it obviously comes at a cost......still in the very preliminary stages, just basically trying to get the first steps started and weighing options)