Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Double Yellow Line

Any tips or movies that can help me create the Double Yellow road lines that are used in USA to mark areas that you cannot cross (goes down the middle). I can easily to single yellow lines, which can be duplicated for straight sections, but for curved sections, by drawing skill is not good enough to keep the distance between the lines uniform. So they look real bad. So I am looking for a custom brush with a double yellow paint.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	110790

I also am looking for something that can help me make pedestrian crossing that look like this (right now I duplicate the white line):

Name:	download.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	4.3 KB 
ID:	110791

Default Re: Double Yellow Line

For the double line you could create a single line, convert to shape and then add a line to the shape, use a profile on the line to get the tapering into the distance. For the crossing create the top and bottom line and add a blend of the required number of steps.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Assuming that you want to draw these lines in plan form... (right?) then creating an artbrush to draw two parallel yellow lines is trivially easy in Pro X11:
    * Draw two horizontal rectangles of the right size and spacing one above the other
    * Make them yellow
    * Select them both, go to the Freehand tool, click "Create Brush"
    * Start to draw

The lines that you draw with this brush will always be parallel and you can edit the course of the line after you've drawn it

Phil

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

The same can be done with the cross walk.

create a white rectangle the size of one stripe in the cross walk and right click and drag (keep holding down the right mouse button while you drag) to create a duplicate. drag the duplicate so there is some distance between the two rectangles and select the blend tool and create a blen from one to the other. You can adjust the steps in the blend to get the spacing you need.

Now at this point if you need your brush to be all vector select the blend and go to the arrange menu and select convert to editable shapes and your blend will become a group of vector shapes. If you aren't concerned with it being all vector you can skip this step.

Just create your brush like Phil described above except before you draw click edit brush and select repeat along path and click ok. a second box will appear asking what strokes you want to apply the edited brush to just select all strokes and you should be good to go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crosswalk.png 
Views:	151 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	110796  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I hate to bother you. But it seems in Xara Designer Pro 11, the freehand tools is missing or changed. All I see is the Freehand region tool. As you can also see, I cannot find a create brush from the freehand region tools (or any of the pullouts: region painter, region tool, etc.)

NEVERMIND. I found it on the pen. Silly me. I am blushing....

Name:	CropperCapture[1].jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	110797
    Last edited by DoctorG; 28 October 2015 at 07:16 PM. Reason: added detail

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Your screenshot shows you are in the shape painter tool to get the freehand/brush tool hover your mouse over the shapepainter icon (see the little white triangle?every tool that has one has a flyout menu with more related tools.)to expand the flyout and you will see the rest of the drawing tools including the freehand tool. You can easily hold down the alt key and drag a tool from the flyouts and place out on the tool bar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

An alternative method
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host