Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default color bar -- Help! -- preventing the deletion of unused colors

I use a color palette with about 200 colors, including tints and shades, all carefully organized in a fixed order for easy access. I recently upgraded to XDP X11. Like it's predecessors, it defaults to deleting unused colors in Utilities > Options > View. When I opened a large pre-existing project file with hundreds of diagrams on multiple pages, it deleted from the color bar all the unused colors. It took me two hours to re-insert the full palette from my starter file and then move the colors in the color gallery back to their proper positions. I thought this would be a one-time annoyance, but I just reopened the file and it's happened again.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this a bug? Is there a way to lock the palette and color bar so this doesn't happen again? (I have already unchecked "Delete unused colors and styles when saving" -- my most hated feature in Xara as I see no benefit to it!
    http://www.davelash.com
    Strategy | Innovation | Facilitation

Default Re: color bar -- Help! -- preventing the deletion of unused colors

Unchecking "Delete unused colors and styles when saving" should have fixed it.

One way to put all the colours back, is to import a drawing that already has all those colours in it, in the correct order.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Default Re: color bar -- Help! -- preventing the deletion of unused colors

Hi,
    You have to save the file with all the colors (colours) you wish as the 'Default Template', what I did was open the project with all my colors, and with view rulers, deleted all drawings then saved as default tmplate, Thus every document has the pallette. Also before saving as default in preferences uncheck delete unused color icon before saving as template.
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card