Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Multiple instances of xara

Hey!

New version is not allow multiple instances of program. Maybe is there some trick to enable it?

Default Re: Multiple instances of xara

Hi Huorn,

I was unaware that any version of Xara allows/supports multiple instances? The way I get it is to double click to load Xara, and then double click immediately after to open another, if your quick enough before the splash screen then it should load up and you can probably get 4 instances opening before the splash screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben.Moses View Post
    Hi Huorn,

I was unaware that any version of Xara allows/supports multiple instances? The way I get it is to double click to load Xara, and then double click immediately after to open another, if your quick enough before the splash screen then it should load up and you can probably get 4 instances opening before the splash screen.

Ahahaha it works!
    Thanks a lot comrade, but that trick sets workspace to default, templates, bars, buttons, etc.
    Why normal way to open new instance is disable now?

I know you can have multiple versions installed (say X10 and X11), has anyone tried opening them at the same time? If that works, it might be a workaround (of course, it also depends entirely on what type of work you need to do on more than one file simultaneously).

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

Yes. You can open them at the same time. I use that method to recreate my control bars.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.