Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wheel / touchpad scroll way too fast

Hi,

I oftentimes find myself without a mouse and if I try scrolling using two fingers in my touchpad Xara Designer will respond incredibly fast to the finger movement so I have no control. Using Ctrl or Shift is the same, so it's nearly impossible to pan or zoom with the touchpad.

Designer is also super fast with the mouse wheel as well, but I can manage that by moving one wheel notch at a time.

Other apps scroll with the speed I set in the Control Panel. This happens only with Xara. I found no registry settings for this. Is it just me, or you guys also have this problem? Please tell me, any input is welcome.
    Rubem Pechansky

Default Re: Wheel / touchpad scroll way too fast

Hi Rubem,

In XDP here, the mouse works the same in all applications according to the control panel setting.

The touchpad on my laptop works well too.

Mike

Thanks. Perhaps I should make it clear that both the touchpad and the mouse wheel do work. However their response is much faster than the other apps, so the touchpad jumps meters instead of millimeters when I scroll. It seems that Xara apps "read" the scroll steps differently somehow.
    Rubem Pechansky

I understood. Mine work normally across all applications, including XDP.

I've tried using X-Mouse Button Control (XMBC) which is pretty advanced and full of options. But it looks that Xara software is nonstandard when it comes to receiving mouse wheel messages, so ultimately XMBC has no control over it whatsoever. Several other apps I tested (inclouding CorelDRAW which also uses non-standard wheel processing) gladly respond to XMBC tweakings, but not Xara. Why?
    Rubem Pechansky

Dunno. File a support ticket.

I use the default mouse driver for my standard Logitech two-button wheel mouse. Works fine across all applications.

rubem, seems like there should be a touchpad setting to change the scroll speed. I know mind does.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Yes, of course I tried that, but Xara does not seem to respond to mouse wheel or touchpad settings. So even with minimum scroll speed it jumps abruptly instead of moving smoothly as other applications do.
    Rubem Pechansky

rubem, it's infectious! Never had it before and then it happened last night. I sorted it out by going Maximise and Restore Down on the view into the application.
    Weird,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Good this worked for you, I'm not so lucky...
    Rubem Pechansky