Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: customizing font size in responsive nav dropdown

that's an easy example you provided. took about 2 minutes to change it. exporting your example as a website, i searched the xr_main.css file for 9px and found none. closed the editor and back in Xara changed the pop-up value for the menu items to 9px and saved it. exported the document again as a website. searched the xr_main.css for 9px and only found one instance at:

line 63: #xr_nb1 {font-family:Arial; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold;}

changed it to (for fun) 100px, saved it and opened index.htm in my browsers to see the change. and again, if you have more than one page or even variants there will be several more instances other than xr_nb1 so this was an easy example (i'm swamped with work at the moment so i can't do one of my poor videos. i'll try to do something later if you'd like. the search and replace feature in Notepad++ is very handy. sublime is a newer editor than notepad++ that is very nice and customizable but you know, old dog, new tricks kinda fits me here)

can't help you with the close in one tap for apple devices
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	menu item sizing.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	110607  

As an alternative to Mikey's method, how about using an ordinary menu on a pop up layer. Seems to work well and I think answers your ipad issue.

See attached. To test on ipad:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you Mikey Mopar. I appreciate the time you spent helping me. One of these times we may stumble on a way to make this drop down close on ipad or iphone devices.

Thank you Egg Bramhill for the work you put into solving this. It's nice to know Xara gives web designers the ability to create customized menus that work on mobile devices.

Hi mjb,

Thanks for the file, I've added a second page which includes instructions and I've also inserted the final code into the file. If you have any questions, or think that general users wont understand any of the included instructions let me know, and ill update it.
    drop down menu changes and fix_incl_instructions.web