Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Child pages

Default Child pages

Hello all,

In the Page and Layer Gallery is there any way to put child pages underneath parent pages, or a why to display it more compact (i.e. collapsed tree etc)?

Default Re: Child pages

In the nav bar properties (double click on the nav bar to open this menu) you can rename and drag and drop pages. You can also add and delete pages.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    In the nav bar properties (double click on the nav bar to open this menu) you can rename and drag and drop pages. You can also add and delete pages.
    Hi Gary,

I'm referring to the Page Gallery from the point of view of keeping it neat and child pages with parent pages to give some idea of the structure of the site, for example keeping confirmation.htm and form-error.htm as collapsable child pages of say contact.htm, e.g.

-contact
    --confirmation
    --form-error

Known as a tree view. I am not sure if Xara allows you to create parent/child relationships (have a menu item called Home and under that is About and Legal - Home is the parent page and About and Legal are child pages) and graphically show them in a tree view.

Other webpage design software, like WYSIWYG Web Builder, for example, allow you to drag and drop pages onto other pages to create parent/child relationships. This is most useful for automatic navigation systems where the parent is the main heading and the child pages are the dropdown pages on a dropdown menu.

Mike

You can drag and drop pages on the Page and Layout view. They will not be in parent child order however. But along with Master Pages which some of us have been asking for for many versions now, a parent child view would be really useful.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    You can drag and drop pages on the Page and Layout view. They will not be in parent child order however. But along with Master Pages which some of us have been asking for for many versions now, a parent child view would be really useful.
    XWD is odd in that sense, it does some many advanced things but misses some of the very basics.

All software is probably like that. If one program were perfect nobody would buy any other.

I usually after gnashing my teeth and uttering a few invectives just try to figure out what I need to do to make the software do what I need it to do. Things go more smoothly then.

Xara needs to allow sub-pages and the ability to hold pages in published sub-folders.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat