Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: What Xara Design Pro 11 is lacking - suggestions for next version

What I meant is that it would not be hard to create a php handler script to enter as a HTML chunk to serve the form, assuming that Xara would allow us to do so within the form code (ie. the "post" or "get" function). The page, itself, would have to have a .php extension. In fact, I can, and will, write the code and put it here as soon as I have some time.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Yes, the fact seeing the generated code is easy but the code that makes the code is the hard part...

Here is a doctored screenshot of the app I mentioned. In fairness to Xara I won't mention it.

I think the app simply cycles through the form fields and generates a VERY simple form script.

Seriously Rob, this is super easy.

Paul

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenShotXara.png 
Views:	142 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	110457Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenShotXara2.png 
Views:	136 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	110458

I moved this thread to Dear Xara which is where members/users can request new features and where such things as bug reports and new feature requests should be made.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post

Seriously Rob, this is super easy.
    Seriously, things are never as easy as they seem.

Quote Originally Posted by nazf355 View Post
    Seriously, things are never as easy as they seem.

Yes, I know - I'm a software developer.

The generation of the PHP form handler is trivial.

Yes, I know - I'm a software developer.

The generation of the PHP form handler is trivial.
    So why not create a widget that does this and let it loose on the community?

I don't have oodles of spare time to be re-creating software that already exists. The generation of the PHP handler is easy. The form editor more tricky.

The established workaround using a placeholder is fine, but if Xara decided to make a widget, then the creation of the PHP handler is by far the easiest part.

I don't have oodles of spare time to be re-creating software that already exists. The generation of the PHP handler is easy. The form editor more tricky.

The established workaround using a placeholder is fine, but if Xara decided to make a widget, then the creation of the PHP handler is by far the easiest part.
    yeah yeah excuses excuses

Quote Originally Posted by nazf355 View Post
    yeah yeah excuses excuses

Definitely.

Can we get an option for the behavior of the little pin on the fly-out galleries? Right now, to unpin a gallery, you have to click the pin icon. Can you additionally add a behavior that if you drag on the title bar, you also unpin it? This would speed up things.

TIA,

Gary