Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thumbs down Web Designer 11 Steam version problems

Hi,

First Problem;

I bought web designer 11 (premium) from steam. So in order to use the included host and domain i need a coupon code but steam did not gave me.
    I try'd to send ticket to steam but they did not respond. I Contact xara support they told me to send the invoice so they will give me my coupon code. Well still waiting for respond...

Second Problem;

As all we know taskpilot ended and to use the slider and other included plugins i need the new patch that xara published
    so i cant use that patch cuz im using the steam version and steam did not publish the patch. I also sent ticket but they did not respond... Also the patch link doesnt work.

Third problem;

I cant register my product at xara service center. It says "Please enter a valid serial number!" and i think thats because the CD key steam gave me start with letter G but the xara website version starts with P so also i cant download the demo from xara and activate the product that i have paid.

xara support says steam can help you but steam doesnt help me.

I'm realy tired of these problems and and i lost 1 week allready and i have a lot of things to do.

Default Re: Web Designer 11 Steam version problems

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I have moved this thread to the Web Design Chat forum.

I'll see if I can get someone from Xara to respond to this but it will be tomorrow as it is past closing time in the UK.

Welcome to TG eraycetin. I've no idea who steam is or how to find them. Have you a link to show us how to find their site & the Xara download page please?

I bought web designer 11 (premium) from steam
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi eraycetin,

I'm not sure who's been replying to your ticket but all steam versions of Xara are supported by our parent company Magix. They have customized the way it activates and we (Xara) have no involvement with that version.

You can find their support page here: https://support2.magix.com/customer/en

Please let me know if you don't get response and I can chase them myself.

Thanks
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Hi eraycetin,

I'm not sure who's been replying to your ticket but all steam versions of Xara are supported by our parent company Magix. They have customized the way it activates and we (Xara) have no involvement with that version.

You can find their support page here: https://support2.magix.com/customer/en

Please let me know if you don't get response and I can chase them myself.

Thanks
    Rob
    Thanks you. I got my coupon code from xara support (Michèle Hohmeier) that problem is solved.
    So all i want to do is download the demo from magix and use my product key to activate it. But Michèle Hohmeier says it is not possible to do. I dont get it, why can't i use a product key that belongs to magix. Its like kicking our your own son just because he went somewhere else. I dont want to open steam to use my software it makes me feel like being watched by my boss they record every move i do. I'm not comfortable this way. How can i design when i feel that way ? Its not fair.

Quote Originally Posted by eraycetin View Post
    Thanks you. I got my coupon code from xara support (Michèle Hohmeier) that problem is solved.
    So all i want to do is download the demo from magix and use my product key to activate it. But Michèle Hohmeier says it is not possible to do. I dont get it, why can't i use a product key that belongs to magix. Its like kicking our your own son just because he went somewhere else. I dont want to open steam to use my software it makes me feel like being watched by my boss they record every move i do. I'm not comfortable this way. How can i design when i feel that way ? Its not fair.
    To be honest I have no idea. I presume it's to do with the way that Magix has customized the way that the program authenticates. It's something you'd have to talk to Magix about, maybe even give you a refund and purchase directly from them.

Not sure why they have a steam version anyway. You don't even get any achievements.