Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Export PDF Linear Fill

So I need to make sure to use CMYK colors?

No, first you need to check with whomever is doing the printing and ask them what they expect.

My only point was that one can design in, and output faithfully, CMYK if and when one needs to. I mainly do. The main exception is lower-end digital presses and some inkjet technology (like for banners and other vinyl printing). Most all of them like being fed RGB.

Mike

Mike's giving OK info here. I would always use a local print shop to do small runs, about some where, between 2000 & 5000 depending on the size of the printed area. The you can take it in and get a wet copy. Because in Xara we see the drawing in RGB & then when we export it it suddenly comes out all washed out. So to get round that we use a variety of methods all requiring a known reference, which could be a Pantone book of colours, or the method I use, where I have made up a limited palette of blocks of colours each having values in both RGB/CMYK which I have printed off and I don't vary from these by much. That means I don't get a fright when it gets printed. Now had a quick look at your PDF and din't really know where your gradient started and finished so this is a guess and it will be probably worse than Mike's
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Design is thinking made visual.