Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How can I organize the huge list of fonts in Xara?

The longer it gets it becomes harder and harder to find back my fonts, is there a way to group them, anyone who knows?
    And around 90% of system fonts I never use, I like to move them to the bottom.

Thanks.

Default Re: How can I organize the huge list of fonts in Xara?

Sounds like you need a Font Manager. This one's free (link)
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    Sounds like you need a Font Manager. This one's free (link)
    Bob.
    Bob, the link indicates the font manager is abandonware - free is good, unsupported is not. Use with caution?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

The Font's Gallery offers some support, but not for OpenType fonts which is regrettable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fonts gallery.png 
Views:	117 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	110367  

This one's not free, but it was cool enough that I offered to help the author do some work on the program. He accepted, and payed me a bit for my bug hunting, so I am not totally unbiased, but the free trial may show why I was impressed enough to offer. Organize your fonts in multitudinous ways, to your heart's content!

Can I use it within Xara and I see my own categories in the font dropdown?

Quote Originally Posted by David O'Neil View Post
    This one's not free, but it was cool enough that I offered to help the author do some work on the program. He accepted, and payed me a bit for my bug hunting, so I am not totally unbiased, but the free trial may show why I was impressed enough to offer. Organize your fonts in multitudinous ways, to your heart's content!
    Hi Dave,
    I didn'see a downlosd or cost/pricing location.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Mcffee: No, you cannot use it within Xara, sorry. It is a standalone program that can be used in conjunction with other programs, such as Xara. If you use it to install and remove fonts, your Xara dropdown menu should always reflect the fonts installed at the moment it is dropped down. (I haven't tested that on my current system, so I could be wrong.)

Ron: here is the trial version page, which can be found from the top menu on his site. The price was around 35 British Pounds, if memory serves. I have encouraged Tony to make it less convoluted to buy. I know the current approach is very off-putting, as your difficulty reconfirms. In spite of that, it is still a cool program.

Thanks all guys for the information.