Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Seeking advice re: Small Digitising Tablets

Drawing with a mouse is too hard! I think I should get a digitising tablet, e.g. Intuos, and would be interested to hear about compatibility with Xara Designer Pro 11. I only have a small free space on my desktop and I have to watch the dollars. I'm open to advice.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Seeking advice re: Small Digitising Tablets

I have a small Intous pen and touch ( not the expensive pro one) and it works great with Xara. It doesn't have a tilt recognition but it's got plenty of pressure sensitivity. It doesn't take up a lot of space on my desk and it didn't break the bank. I think that Waccom now calls the same tablet Intous manga, and there is another called Intous Draw that is also inexpensive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks Angelise. It's reassuring to know they'll work with Xara and I also wasn't aware of tilt control.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

some of the more expensive tables have tilt control which would be handy for doing things like calligraphy but mine is the small very basic model.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I now have an old model Wacom Graphire 2 tablet (model ET-0405A-U) working on Windows 7 with XDPX11. It was worth trying this before splurging on a new Intuos because it functions perfectly . Finding a driver was a bit tricky, but for anyone else that wants to try it I can confirm "pro617-3_int.exe" from http://downloadeu.wacom.com/pub/WIND...o617-3_int.exe works just fine . This tablet was originally for Win 98 I think and they pop up from time to time on eBay.