Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How to Divide Circle into Slices?

Quote Originally Posted by stygg2003 View Post
    Hi emcat. Here's an update that should make things clear to you. I've included the Xara.file so you can pull all a part, both beginning and finish. Hope it helps.

Stygg
    Do you know if the Intersect All menu item was available at V10? The OP has V10.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

For those with access to the Online Content catalogue, there is the Pie segment smart shape.
    You can get 45deg if you hold the Ctrl key down.

After that clone and rotate around the middle.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you Rik, I didn't think about using the Alignment tool to center the vertical line, I was using the Snap To Object to do that.

Stygg, thanks for the segments 2-2. I go back and forth between PGD9 and XPPro10, and tried all these suggestions in both versions. After selecting all the lines and the ellipse, I did shift+ctrl+S to convert to editable shapes. Then I did Ctrl+4 to slice, but only one line sliced, resulting in a hemisphere. After trying some other things like drawing the lines with different line tools, I finally grouped all the lines, Converted Line to Shape, separately Converted the circle to Editable Shape, selected all, Ctrl+4, break shapes.

Acorn: you are correct, the Intersect All menu item does not appear in my versions. Also, the smart shape could be smarter. :-) It does not show the degree of the slice for the smaller slices. But maybe in a future version.

Unfortunately, the upload of my success did not work - I suspect it has something to do with a missing plugin. I was also sending along the image showing that when cloning and rotating the vertical line 90 degrees, it was not exact. For just a split second in the window on the infobar 89 was displayed although 90 was typed in. What can this be?

Thanks all for helping me get there. --Maggie