Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Why some text are "invisible" sometimes ? [Xara Pro 10]

I think you found the issue

Indeed there must be different species in these texts. But I need to understand what do you call a "strike" here ? (and outline ? a shadow ? nope...)

Edit : oh, I didn't see there was 2 pages.. I'm going to read this.. Thank you
    Stéphane
    Graphisme, illustrations & Webdesign - France
    creavisa

It would appear that if you create text with no stroke 9 or the default stroke) it displays in wire-frame correctly.

Give the stroke a profile other than 'constant' with a value above 0 it appears in wire-frame.

If you apply a stroke of no weight (0) to the above text it disappears in wire-frame.

I think you've found a bug
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

oh damn. Indeed, I created, on the same file, a few icons, with this kind of stroke. And as Xara remember the last tool, I think I used the text one a little after the icon work. So it memorised these parameters.

Well done, it was not easy to find it!

And thank you very much

(I need to export into .psd files because I work on some web designs, and I have to share my files )
    Stéphane
    creavisa

I never use that "give new objects most recent attributes" Stephane, in fact i hate it and it's one of the first things I turn off.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I think it is a property by default.

Anyway, personaly I usually appreciate this feature, and I never looked for a change of it. As it allow to just click on an object with the mouse (or pencil) to get the same properties of this object.
    In my opinion it is the fastest way to copy these properties (more than "click + copy + paste the attributes") !
    Stéphane
    creavisa