Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Shapes-Bitmaps-trans.

I was just playing around with these and thought they might be useful to any one with the curiosity I had I've posted the xar.file so you can see how it was acheived as I thought someone sometime or other will ask "How do I"

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	44.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	115.7 KB 
ID:	110171  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Shapes-Bitmaps-trans.

Well, I am guessing you changed the offsets in Page Settings > General to do the step and repeat.

Gary the curiosity came from your reply to the guy who was having trouble exporting his text with soft shadow as a PDF, your reply to him was convert the shadow to editable shape-ungroup, hence the curiosity. I made some text added a shadow converted it to Editable shape, ungroup, with this selected clicked on Transparency, you now have a bitmap trans. that can be a repeating tile or repeat inverted, now you drag the nodes out to suit the size you require for your backdrop. The original text can be kept or replaced with new text to suit as I did with the "News Headlines" I kept the Headlines and added News with shadow. If you change the colour of the shadow, the colour will be the backdrop text colour final but this as to be done with your begining text as you can alter the depth of trans you want the text to be as in the image I have just posted which was set at trans.36% I also placed a rectangle at the back, converted to edit.shape now all can be squared up if needed with the shape tool as all are editable shapes, the rectangle(shape) and the backdrop shape. Took longer to write this than to do what I'm hopefully explaining

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	66.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	110173  

Got it.

Good solution! Not thought of that one at all, thinking, to use an old expression, "outside the box".
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    Good solution! Not thought of that one at all, thinking, to use an old expression, "outside the box".
    Cheers Albacore, just thought my curiosity in doing this might be useful.

Stygg

Thanks Stygg, I like the idea of the first version having the seamleass tile text skewed