Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

oh, and I now remember what I was going to ask you... could you please post a wire of this Ivan... ?

Thanks

Gidgit, you will see a wire here : http://www.silo3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1512

I have modelized it like a "paper" house ; the inner sides of the walls will be made separately. That's very easy with Silo. This isn't the classical approach of a true CAD project, but it reach the needs of my whole stories project much quicker than if I have had to assimilate all CAD conventions

kindly,
    ivan

Oh, and I forgot; here is a first wire of my next project (after a XVIII Century church's house where I will show my works to the people next October). The roofs were a particularly complex thing, but thanks to the partial subdiv in Silo, complex roofs (not subdivided here) arches and curved walls are very easy to modelize !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	firstwire.gif 
Views:	288 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	14051  

Oh, very cool approach Ivan... totaly lightwieght, yet very complete... likened to Hollywood sets in a way eh...

Look forward to watching this next project unfold... btw, are you creating a whole town here?

Very nice changes to the original, Ivan. Your Church building looks like it will be outstanding, also.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Very nice, Ivan. It looks a lot like it was made in Sketch-up. Does Silo work the same way?

Arnold

Looks great!!! A very elegant place. I'm wondering what's cooking in there around dinner time. It looks great.

Thanks friends !!! I was very busy with the next projects ; sorry for the delay !!!

Gidgit, you are right about Hollywood sets : outer and inner parts may be considered as separated views for the main part of the time. And about unfolding the next one, my brother had the same idea. There is no unfold option in Silo ; perhaps opening the files in other progs like Amapi could help ...!

Soquili, sorry for my bad english, the next project is only the house of the Clergyman, and not the Church building. I am very passionated by this very complex project.

Fossman, I don't have any experience of Sketch-up, but I think it automates a lot of tasks I must do with simple geometry in Silo. However Silo's tools are fast and very intuitive and it allows to handle very complex projects.

And Daphne, welcome on board !!! Everybody here would be interested to see and comment any project from you.

Kind regards to everybody,
    ivan