Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Adding Disqus comments to a page

I added a rectangle & used Web Properties>Placeholder>Replace with HTML code>HTML code (body), and pasted the Disqus html into it.
    It works, as in it displays the Disqus profile page. Can I make the page length expand dynamically, for instance, when I have more comments appear?

I am designing a website that has each page with a custom fixed length, to suit the content. Is there something I can do on, say, this Disqus page - maybe somehow get a vertical scrollbar to appear when it goes over a certain length? Or some other idea perhaps?

Also, I was struggling to understand what Disqus means when it shows me three lots of html to paste? I have descriptions below from Disqus (immediately before the code they give you):

1. “Place the following code where you'd like Disqus to load”

2. “How to display comment count:
    Place the following code before your site's closing </body> tag”

3. Append #disqus_thread to the href attribute in your links. This will tell Disqus which links to look up and return the comment count. For example:
    <a href="http://example.com/bar.html#disqus_thread">Link</a>.

It's html code 1 that I've already pasted into the rectangle/placeholder.

How do I manage to control where code 2 is going, when so far, the only options in pasting with a placeholder seem to be <head> or <body>.
    How would I ensure it appears immediately before the closing </body> tag?
    From what I can see, I can only add html to the header or main body, but can't see if I can specify where it goes to get it “immediately before the closing </body> tag”, or is that not that important?

Still trying to understand what 3 actually means.

Default Re: Adding Disqus comments to a page

There's been a few posts recently regarding Disqus, of which I guess is a social media platform. I've never used it but try Google searching based on:
    site:www.talkgraphics.com/ disqus
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    There's been a few posts recently regarding Disqus, of which I guess is a social media platform. I've never used it but try Google searching based on:
    site:www.talkgraphics.com/ disqus
    Thanks for that information, a very speedy reply.
    I missed the obvious there! I'm just going through the google results to see if it answers my problem.

Re your point
    Can I make the page length expand dynamically, for instance
    No that's not possible in Xara unless perhaps you're using xToms CMS app.

But it shouldn't be a problem placing it in a frame with a scroll bar. I've done it with a Twitter feed.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I see that in some other posts about Disqus, it has been suggested to use "Embed A Website Widget" in the design gallery. That widget requires a url to start with.
    My code for Disqus is all javascript, which I've pasted into the placeholder>replace with html code.

Can I get the placeholder to "autoscroll", or do I need an iframe for that. If so, how do I create one, getting javascript into it, and enabling autoscroll?