Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default responsive Flare template, mobile not being edited when editing desktop

I thought that when i designed the desktop version, that all i had to do is either let it automatically resize for mobile, or set breakpoints.
    However, when i design the desktop version, nothing is being transferred to the mobile version. Absolutely nothing, the dummy latin is still there. What am i doing wrong?

Default Re: responsive Flare template, mobile not being edited when editing desktop

Quote Originally Posted by leonard55 View Post
    I thought that when i designed the desktop version, that all i had to do is either let it automatically resize for mobile, or set breakpoints.
    However, when i design the desktop version, nothing is being transferred to the mobile version. Absolutely nothing, the dummy latin is still there. What am i doing wrong?
    Check the text objects are still Sharing across variants (// top right when selected).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: responsive Flare template, mobile not being edited when editing desktop

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Check the text objects are still Sharing across variants (// top right when selected).

Acorn
    Thanks, i appreciate your help.
    1. When i insert objects, which i am doing a lot of, i can 'share across variants' on each one, but i am unable to find a way to set that as the default, so each time i add an object, that it is automatically shared with the mobile. leonard

There is no "share with variants" by default, so if you've created a variant site then add content to one variant you must right click it and chose "share with variants" each time.

So it's best to do some forward planning. Create your non variant site first, get it to the level that you're happy with the content, then create the other variant/s. This does automatically "share with variants". But of course any further edits will need you to manually select "share with variants" once more.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg, thanks. I think what you are saying would not work if i am using a template, such as Flare, that comes automatically with a mobile variant, or am i misunderstanding?
    Sorry, i am a doofus with trying to comprehend these things.

Misunderstanding in the main I'd say. If your using a template which has a variant/s then the content in one will be shared in the variant.

However, if you add a new block of text or a new image to the main site it isn't automatically copied to the variant/s, with the new content selected you need to right click and choose "Share with Variants"

Bye the way, love the term "doofus", never heard that one before
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

OFF TOPIC re: doofus
    I grew up in the Ozarks of the US. [Hillbilly country for y'all highfalutin folks from across the pond.]
    Doofus can refer to a likeable guy who is just not very sharp at times.
    A doofus probably grew up around people that Jeff Foxworthy spoke about in "you might be a redneck if..."
    Sometimes a doofus is pretty limited financially. For example, when i was growing up, i used to dream about having enough money to afford to have a washing machine on our front porch, like the rich folk.
    Next is the absolute truth. When i went to college, i knew it was not correct English, but i was in the habit of saying y'all to refer to 1 or more people. There i met people who instead said you'uns.

Love that. Thanks for the insight
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by leonard55 View Post
    ...Next is the absolute truth. When i went to college, i knew it was not correct English, but i was in the habit of saying y'all to refer to 1 or more people.
    I use y'all quite frequently, both spoken and written. And I'm not even from the South...

While I grew up poor, we were a step up from you. We had a hand-powered wringer for the washtub on our porch.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    I use y'all quite frequently, both spoken and written. And I'm not even from the South...

While I grew up poor, we were a step up from you. We had a hand-powered wringer for the washtub on our porch.
    We used to DREAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM of being able to afford a hand-powered wringer on a washtub on our porch.
    You had clothes! We ran around naked and went to the river to dream about nice it would be to wash our clothes there.
    Then the alligators ate us.