Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Split a page EXACTLY into two PDF pages...

Quote Originally Posted by Sadler View Post
    Xara can handle bleed from spreads. See attached PDF (Make sure to Show art, trim and bleed boxes in Adobe Reader).
    Attachment 109880
    It's a center spread. It cannot have inside bleed. So if it has bleed, it cannot be done this way. Xara products cannot have asymmetrical bleed automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    That's OK if not full colour bleed and that's what I was trying to explain above. Since I move to Windows 10 can't use Acro Pro or even Reader it has to be Reader DC which doesn't have the ability to insert printer marks. If I was to use printer marks with PDF export it would place them in the wrong place.
    I use Acrobat 11 Pro on Windows 10.

I have got Acro Pro 9 and will not run. Even when I try and install it under admin rights, tried to install it under "programme compatibility troubleshooter" still no go. It chunters away if it installs and there are folders which are installed but it's not shown in the Apps like Bridge and Illustrator. I do have a copy running on another machine but it is slow.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    It's a center spread. It cannot have inside bleed.
    I am sure there are logical and practical reasons for not having bleeds across the fold but XDP certainly get's one in the PDF whether it's logical or not.

See test file: Bleed Test.pdf

Here's the original double page spread - anything across the fold from the exported page gets bled. Anything from other pages in the bleed don't get exported. Perhaps that's what you're referring to?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bleed Test.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	109927

Quote Originally Posted by Sadler View Post
    I am sure there are logical and practical reasons for not having bleeds across the fold but XDP certainly get's one in the PDF whether it's logical or not.
    Typically in a modern workflow having inside bleed is not an issue. Imposition software does/can remove it to the amount desired from completely as in a center spread (i.e., a full page, non-trimmed sheet--except the outer edges), to the amount of image calculated to be hidden in the binding area so a spread appears to be contiguous, etc. As well, no current Print on Demand printers allow a cross-over image to have ink in the binding area as regards perfect bound books. There are many legitimate reasons to not have inside bleed, as well as having a 0.125" blank area in the case of perfect bound books with cross over images.

Here are a couple images with a PDF from XDP where there would be a cross-over image that I believe illustrates the problem with a double-spread containing a cross-over image.

First is what happens if one would try to match up a double-spread with inside bleed without imposition software or without manually removing inside bleed as mentioned above in this thread.

Please note the parts of the image that are duplicated and spread apart by double the amount of bleed:

Name:	capture-003555.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	109928

Here's how it should be and could be if the cheap on-line printer used imposition software. Note that the split is now joined and would appear as a contiguous image if printed as a center spread:

Name:	capture-003556.png 
Views:	100 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	109929