Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default A Little Love for the Printed Manual

When I upgraded to X11, I splashed an extra $30 for a printed manual and I am really glad I did. Just flicking through it reveals so many great features I had either forgotten about or overlooked in the past. It is so much easier to discover things from a printed manual than from a document on a screen. I've been making an effort to incorporate some of the newer tools and features into my workflow and it is really paying off in how much more quickly I can get some things done (shape painting), as well as how much I can get done in X11 without having to go over to Photoshop (masks).

I reckon it is the best $30 I've spent in a long time and I highly recommend it to everyone, especially if you are a long time user, like me, who tends to continue to do things the way they have always done them.
    Asus Zenbook Duo, 12th Gen Core i7, 16Gb RAM, Windows 11 (fully updated). bandcamp.novakill.com

Default Re: A Little Love for the Printed Manual

Same goes for me - hoping to find my copy delivered today.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I would also recommend the new video's from Xhris.

They cover EVERYTHING and it's so nice to sit back and watch.

The indexing is great so you can jump to anywhere in a long video.

I too tend to use the features I have always used and not research a better way of doing things.

The videos make you think about a new approach to your use of Xara.

Dave D

A lot of love going out from me for the printed manual.

This is the first manual I've had since XtremePro 4.

I sure missed having one for MX8.

It's my new bedtime reading material, when I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    I would also recommend the new video's from Xhris.
    They cover EVERYTHING and it's so nice to sit back and watch.
    The indexing is great so you can jump to anywhere in a long video.
    It's not the same for me. I find videos really boring - I don't need step-by-step instructions, just a quick prod - and even with indexing you don't get the same overview you do from flicking through pages. Watching how-to videos is always a last resort for me.
    Asus Zenbook Duo, 12th Gen Core i7, 16Gb RAM, Windows 11 (fully updated). bandcamp.novakill.com

Quote Originally Posted by BONES View Post
    When I upgraded to X11, I splashed an extra $30 for a printed manual and I am really glad I did.
    From where did you purchase the printed manual? Was it an option I missed in the shopping cart??

On the Products page, there is a link to http://www.xara.com/uk/buy?44192x0d6a (UK site).

XARA DESIGNER PRO X11 MANUAL

A comprehensive printed manual for Xara Designer Pro X11.Note: All new copies of Pro X11 include a printed manual in the box (upgrades do not, but the Pro X11 CD does include a PDFcopy of the manual).

Plus shipping

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

@Acorn: Thank you!!!