Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Re-sizing images

Hello

I have an image on the page and am trying to resize it with the handles but instead of resizing it as if it is cropping/clipping (using the select tool not the crop tool), sometimes I seem to be able resize and other times it's cropping. What am I doing wrong?

Default Re: Re-sizing images

If you accidentally double-click on an image or otherwise have the photo tool active, you'll crop instead of resize. Make the pointer tool active.

ermm...i've noticed that too. drag or copy an image into only a web page (works fine with any other template) and you can stretch it vertically (dragging by the bottom or top middle handle) and also proportionally (dragging by the corner handles) but you can't stretch only horizontally by the middle side handles

ScreenCapture_8-29-2015 2.19.05 PM.wmv

edit: also just noticed playing with it, you can rotate the image 90 deg and it still acts the same way; not stretchable horizontally only
    Last edited by mikeymopar; 29 August 2015 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeymopar View Post
    ermm...i've noticed that too. drag or copy an image into only a web page (works fine with any other template) and you can stretch it vertically (dragging by the bottom or top middle handle) and also proportionally (dragging by the corner handles) but you can't stretch only horizontally by the middle side handles

ScreenCapture_8-29-2015 2.19.05 PM.wmv
    Exactly

heh

heh
    Try this '

Click your mouse on one of the corner handles and then use the mouse like a joystick (Keep holding mouse and try pushing and pulling image) and you will find that you can adjust image vertically and horizontally this then allows you to stretch it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Try this '

Click your mouse on one of the corner handles and then use the mouse like a joystick (Keep holding mouse and try pushing and pulling image) and you will find that you can adjust image vertically and horizontally this then allows you to stretch it both ways.
    yeah, that was one of the two ways that will stretch it as advertised that i stated. but we're both trying to stretch it horizontally only. if you deselect "lock aspect ratio" then you could grab a corner and try to stretch it horizontally only but it'll also stretch vertically a bit if you're not careful. that's been my work-around (with just being careful to notice the height beforehand and to keep it the same) it'd be nice to just grab a side handle and stretch it ONLY horizontally

It's new behaviour introduced since v10 I think. I'm not a fan of it to say the least, on photos it's confusing. It behaves like this in a web doc but not a photo doc.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Quote Originally Posted by xtom View Post
    It's new behaviour introduced since v10 I think. I'm not a fan of it to say the least, on photos it's confusing. It behaves like this in a web doc but not a photo doc.
    Whoever thought of this is cray cray for def

yeah, that was one of the two ways that will stretch it as advertised that i stated. but we're both trying to stretch it horizontally only. if you deselect "lock aspect ratio" then you could grab a corner and try to stretch it horizontally only but it'll also stretch vertically a bit if you're not careful. that's been my work-around (with just being careful to notice the height beforehand and to keep it the same) it'd be nice to just grab a side handle and stretch it ONLY horizontally
    Drag with the Alt key down,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat