Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stairway

I'm totally buying into this scene! It is BEGGING for a character!

Danny Huff

Half a gig of memory and you're running out of memory?

May I suggest that the memory is fragmented by the time you get to your modeling program? There are a few memory-restorers available for the Macintosh: I cannot think of one right now.
    Can you restart fresh, boot into your modeling program and see if that makes a difference?

Just my 2 cents.

My Best,
    Gare
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

Thanks Danny...am working on it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I never thought of that Gary good idea [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] .....I have Norton system works so I can defrag in speed disk.

I will also try restarting and see if it makes a difference.I do have some hyper nurbs smoothing on the floor and the head at a subdivision of 1 believe.I often run out of memory though in C4D by using area shadows or to much smoothing etc
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]...oh ya my processor is just 400mhz at the moment so that does not help.

Stu.

A trick to free the clipboard in Cinema: Open a Null object and cut it. The clipboard (part of your ram) will be freed.

Thanks bud [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.

Hi Stu,

Very nice image. I love the stone texture and the lighting.

I've never used a Mac, but I believe that Gary was talking about fragmented RAM and not your hard drive. I did a search on Google and found a couple of sites that may give you more information about how memory on the Mac can become fragmented and how to correct it.
    http://home.olemiss.edu/~cccook/ITFl...acMem0599.html
    http://www.tempe3.k12.az.us/for_teac...elp/memory.htm

There were many more links that may be of more help. I started the google search using the string "fragmented memory" and then searched within the results using the word macintosh.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks very much Soquili [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ,and thank you for the links [thumbsup]

Stu.

It looks like I just dont have enough physical memory to carry out the procedures I tired to in C4D.I already have 400m asigned to C4D with nothing running in the back ground,and the OS uses 50m,so I will try upping it to around 440 and see if its better [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

Ever thought that the scene itself with the materials might well be a bit complex when you view it with Gouraud shading, and that, because your mac has only 8 or perhaps 16meg of videoram, the view also occupies ram, or at least defrags it? Perhaps you could try to go to wireframe, free the clipboard and then take a look at the ram that's really available. May make some difference perhaps...
    Ahhh...It'll all be over soon now, and then you'll be flying sky high. Never knew anyone who ever made such an upgrade as you will make...

Thanks bud [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Ya its going to make quite a difference [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.