Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Design Gallery/Clipart Inaccessible

I have purchased and installed DPro11. I have used the Content Downloader. I do not have access to any of the Design Gallery files. I have tried all the recommendations given by Xara concerning internet access. The instructions are more than one year old. Will I have to wait for the CD to arrive before I can have access to all the new DPro11 designs?

I had no problem accessing the red/blue/green Gallery files using Pro9 on Win 7 and 8. But, since Pro10 (Win 7, 8, 10) and now with Pro11 (Win10), I do not have access. Requests to Xara help have proven ineffective. I can access files on a 2nd install on a laptop. Both systems are HP and both have had Win8 and now Win10 and both have identical Norton installs. Been with Xara since early '90s. Kinda disappointing.

Default Re: Design Gallery/Clipart Inaccessible

Hi Dan

Have you tried Insert > From Content Catalog... ? This accesses all the same content but through the web.

Also, this might not work but have you tried re-loading the content installer?

Great avatar design, by the way.

Thanks for the help. When I Insert > Content Catalog I click to import an image from the clipart but nothing happens. It may be going someplace but it is not showing up in the opened Xara doc. I'll try the reloading.

Sounds stupid but often a simple solution:

Try right clicking over the Xara11 icon and select "Run as Administrator"
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

All are excellent suggestions and all have been tried, but to no avail. What I find interesting is that the install on the HP laptop performs without fail, but on the HP desktop (post DPro9), not so much. I find it particularly curious why the Insert from Content Catalog does not work. The desk machine has gone from Win 7 to 8 to 8.1 to 10 with versions Pro 9, Pro10, and Pro11.

I will wait for the CD and use the laptop to shop the Red Folder resources. It is, ultimately, a problem of the machine and most likely not Xara. I never even get Internet access errors as noted in the Troubleshooter section at xara.com.

Sadly, it is a mystery.

Thanks, gentlemen.