Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Remove blue border from the links in PDF

Hello. Can you help me? How can I remove blue border from link? I create a document, type text, make link in the text and export to PDF. And after export I always have blue terrible border around the word (link). I tryed to change preferences in web site options, but it didn't take any effect. / Designer Pro X11 /

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tmp.png 
Views:	204 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	109645

Default Re: Remove blue border from the links in PDF

Can't replicate that syno. What pdf viewer are you using? If I try to replicate it I only get a blue underlined text link, no surrounding rectangle. It might be the way you have your pdf reader set up.

EDIT: Can you attach your pdf so we can see if we're all getting the same?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

This might have something to do with the version of Xara you are working with. This was very early on into Xara's venture into website design support. This explains why Egg (and I) cannot replicate the issue.

This has not been an issue for many many years though it was around the time some us were hand coding HTML, which is a long time back.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Can't replicate that syno. What pdf viewer are you using? If I try to replicate it I only get a blue underlined text link, no surrounding rectangle. It might be the way you have your pdf reader set up.

EDIT: Can you attach your pdf so we can see if we're all getting the same?
    That is the issue for Pro X10 and Pro X11. In Acrobat and Foxit everything is OK. But I want to publish PDF on ISSUU and the result is terrible. The same blue box I can see in STDU Viewer.

The only way to prevent this border is to create document in Xara, then open it in Foxit Advanced PDF Editor and create/edit links there. Foxit link dialog has checkbox "Link is always visible" and if you uncheck it - blue border is gone away from PDF document. In Xara PDF's (if you open it in Foxit Advanced PDF Editor) every link has this checkbox checked. What that parameter means in PDF code structure I don't know and I see that some viewers ignore it (Acrobat and Foxit) and some don't (ISSUU and STDU).

And one more thing... Sometimes when you create link above the word in Xara you will have separate links above each letter in the word. And when you copy link and then change URL it will be new link above the old one. So, when I open Xara PDF in Foxit Advanced PDF Editor I had to delete a lot of trash links from the document.

Му PDF:
    Attachment 109648
    Last edited by syno; 25 August 2015 at 08:07 AM.

My bad. I did not see you had specified DPX11. Please update your profile when you get a moment.

Unfortunately your attachment is not validated. Maybe Gary can validate it. Meanwhile here's a pdf created using XDPro11 (which you state you're using) Does it create the same blue boxs in ISSUU?

EDIT: It seems to be an ISSUU issue. See HERE
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I tried to approve the attachment but was not successful.

Updated to x11. Sorry, I forgot about that. You can take the file from Egg Bramhill's post above and upload it to ISSUU - it has just the same problem.
    Last edited by syno; 25 August 2015 at 02:59 PM.

Yes syno, but it's a Issuu error. See my link in post # 6
    Egg

Not at all. My answer to you wait here for premoderation... and there are two sample ISSUU links. First one is link to your default file with blue borders. And another one... I just open your file in Foxit Advanced PDF Editor (2014), click link properties, uncheck checkbox "Link is always visible", save and upload to ISSUU - no blue border. What makes this checkbox "Link is always visible" in PDF code that it helps to remove the border and why I have no such checkbox in Xara? And just the same blue boxes has STDU viewer, older Foxit readers (not latest) and some older versions of Acrobat Reader (not latest). So it seems to me, that it is compatibility error issue and not only the ISSUU problem. And I already see, that my problem has no easy solution. I should use two programs: Xara for basic design and Foxit for links correction. Thank you for your answers.
    Last edited by syno; 25 August 2015 at 06:16 PM.