Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Recent File List

Does anyone know where the Xara 10 recent file list is stored? I have changed disk drives and now I'm completely thrown off by the wrong drive letter in the recent file list and I really rely on that!

Usually when I open Xara I have around 15 files that auto open for me - with the change of drive letter this is also messed up - anyone know where I can edit that drive letter (i.e. where is that list stored)?

Thanks a lot

Cliff

Default Re: Recent File List

It is in the registry - probably just as quick and safer to just reopen the files
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Info Re: Recent File List

Cliff, in the Windows Registry. You are looking for something like:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Xara\WebDesignerPremium x64\10\Options\Recent File List
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Xara\WebDesignerPremium x64\11\Options\Recent File List
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Xara\XtremePro x64\10\Options\Recent File List
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Xara\XtremePro x64\11\Options\Recent File List

All the above are 64-bit, so you may have to F3 search for "Recent File List" from ../SOFTWARE/Xara/..

I had the same problem when upgrading to Windows 10.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Cliff, in the Windows Registry. You are looking for something like:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Xara\WebDesignerPremium x64\10\Options\Recent File List
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Xara\WebDesignerPremium x64\11\Options\Recent File List
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Xara\XtremePro x64\10\Options\Recent File List
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Xara\XtremePro x64\11\Options\Recent File List

All the above are 64-bit, so you may have to F3 search for "Recent File List" from ../SOFTWARE/Xara/..

I had the same problem when upgrading to Windows 10.

Acorn
    Thanks for this - YES! Now that I think about it - I upgraded to Windows 10 - that's most likely the problem, not moving disk as I just realised I never actually moved the directories involved! I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Cliff

Guys

I May have been a bit stupid here, what I was really meaning was not the recent file list but the files that open automatically when you fire up Xara Pro 10 - I guess its not the same list is it?

Cheers

Cliff

Hi Cliff, no. Xara automatically loads up the files it had loaded when you last closed it down. So say you had three files open:
    myFile-1.xar
    myFile-2.xar
    myFile-3.xar

and closed down Xara, the next time you reopened Xara it would reload these three files.

However, if you closed each of these three files prior to closing down Xara, on reopening it wouldn't open anything (except a blank page perhaps)
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hey, thanks for getting back to me, YES, that's the problem,

I had 15 files open before upgrading to Windows 10 about 8 of them were unsaved although they were there [previously when I closed and openbed Xara (very useful feature!) so in essence I am looking for them now as I have no clue where XARA stores them so as to find them every time I open Xara.

If you have any idea where these unsaved open files are stored (temp directory somewhere) that would be great to know, please. I'll go take a peek in the registry to see if I can find trhe location.

Thanks

Cliff

Good news is I found the directory - its: .......AppData\Local\Xara\XtremePro\10\Backups

That lead me then to figure out that there is a document called "OpenDocList_000032f0_XtremePro.txt" (many of them) and I found the one right after I upgraded, which suddenly only had 2 entries. So now I am hoping to take the contents of the doc before the upgrade and copy all the open docs into the latest "OpenDocList_000032f0_XtremePro.txt" and hopefully this will sort it out...

It worked like a charm!!!! I managed to recover all my untitled documents when I opened up Xara - there were 26 of them.... shows you how caught up one can get when doing design stuff... A lesson or two here..

Thanks for your help.

Cliff

Cliff, another nugget added to the TG pool of knowledge,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat