Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Just installed DP11, unable to publish existing sites

Acorn,
    I was able to publish to the Xara Hosting. Any thoughts? I previously tried it with my PC and laptop, couldn't publish with either. Also took my laptop to my neighbor's house and used his wireless to see if it was a problem with my network. Still nothing.

Double check your ftp settings that you are trying to write to/access the correct folder.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

xtom,
    I have checked/redone all the settings. I re-installed X10 and am able to publish the same file/same settings using that version. I can't publish any of my sites with X11, but can publish with X10.

OK, so I've tried running X11 on 2 different computers and neither one can publish. My PC is Windwos7Pro and my laptop in Windows10. I even tried publishing through 2 different networks. Only common denominator is the server and the X11 software. I can publish to the same server with the same .xar files with X10 without any problems. It's my server and nothing has changed on it in years. Haven't heard back from Xara tech support in a few days. Should I hold my breath? Only had one generic response from them which didn't help, and they haven't replied to my second request. Does anyone have any other suggestions??

Jim

Hi Jim,

the log says your connection to the ftp was timed-out. This might have various reasons. But you also wrote your v10 is working fine + you're able to connect to Xara hosting.
    There have been changes to ftp publish in v11. For example the default (time-out!) settings are different in v10 and v11. I think it is worth a try to modify these with a registry editor.

Please close the Designer.
    Please open the registry editor with the following path "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro x64\11\Options\FTPLibcURL".
    Note, if you own the 32-bit version use this path "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro\11\Opti ons\FTPLibcURL".
    Now, for a first try alter all three timeout values (ConnectTimeout, ResponseTimeout, LoginTimeout) to 20000.
    If you have any problems find or apply these values, please comment.

Now restart the Designer.

Does this fix you publishing problem?

No it didn't. Attached is the new trace. It times out after 6 seconds.
    The values do reset to the defaults when I restart Designer.

Jim
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for trying. It's quite hard to find a problem remotely, so thanks for your patience, too!

(1) If the values reset on restart, there has been something wrong while editing the values. Probably there was one instance of Designer still open, when you were editing the values in the registry editor and this instance of the Designer did reset the values. I've re-checked on my machine and changing the values works.
    It is necessary to ensure all instances of the Designer are closed, when changing the values in the registry or otherwise they will be reset and we can't test the time-out value.
    You could do a reboot for example.
    Since the time-out is set to 6 secsonds and the connection is timed-out after 6 seconds this is the most promising lead at the moment. So please retry.

Here is the sequence:
    A. Close all instances of Designer or Restart windows.
    B. Apply the registry changes with registry editor.
    C. Open Designer.

(2) Please provide here a trace for v10, too. It would be helpful to compare this to v11-trace.

(3) It would be optimal if you could provide an account for us developers. Then we could debug this right here and find a solution. The account can be deleted afterwards of course.
    Last edited by kmario; 25 August 2015 at 01:24 PM.

Thanks, I changed the values then re-booted. The values were then saved as 20000. Still won't publish. Attached is the new trace. I see it uses PASV mode. Is there a way to change to PORT mode and try that? I can't do a trace of version 10 because I would have to uninstall version 11, and right now I'm working on 2 new websites and it would be quite difficult to do. Normally in the status line there's some movement to show export. There is no change at all on the status line to show that it is exporting.

Jim
    Attached Files Attached Files

Great, thanks. I can now reproduce it the issue on my machine.

As you suggested switching to PORT mode helps.

A. Close Designer.
    B. Use registry editor to open key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro x64\11\Options\FTPLibcURL".
    C. Set "ConnectionType" to 1, which forces PORT mode.
    D. Start Designer and retry.

This solves the issue for me. Please verify with your installation.

kmario,
    YES! I can now publish correctly. Changing the connection to PORT mode corrected the problem. Sure am glad it caught my eye in the trace!
    Thanks!

Jim