Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I particularly like your first one. It struck me as having the look of crusted on precipitate and spillover (if those are the appropriate words) as I imagine a old wizard or witch's well-used glassware might look. The only thing I thought it was missing from the image was a moody background.

I hope you don't mind my posting some xara fun I had with your image. I attempted to create the type of moody background I imagined as appropriate.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WITCHESBREW.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	12287  

Thanks for the comments...I do find the second one a bit "new" too, but I'll come up with something, ans this beaker is only one element of a kind of Dr Frankensteinian(*)/Faustian scene I have in my mind...

(*) must be pronounced "Fron-kon-steen-ian" of course.

Ross: incredible. Really. Yesyesyes: I give you all my macintosh shares...if I had some that is...you know what: I'll upload an apple one of these days...

Erik--

Your second post was right on the money. I see now the energy in the beaker, and the glass looks terrif.

What app are you using and how long did it take you?

Cheers,
    Gare
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

Erik fresnel in the transparency channel and reflection channel will give you glass with depth.Make 2 copies of your glass material and change the IOR on one,then put one material on the front of the ploys and one on the back of the polys [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

I remember being so enthusiast when I saw Stu's first 3Dworks over at Photoshopgurus that I wanted to give it a try. (by the way: thanks mate for the glass fresnel tip!) So I chose the same app, only the non-animation one called Cinema4DArt.
    Yet somehow I couldn't "enter" it. Besides: I had other priorities like reading Inside Photoshop (hehee. Still the best!) and making some paintings.
    Then came C4D8, and I downloaded a demo, and suddenly "it" was there. Can't explain, don't understand. Of course there's a long, long way to go, and there are so incredibly many options, but I feel how it works, just like I feel Photoshop and never felt Photopaint. (which does not mean that I consider PP not good: it's 100% personal)

The most difficult thing was a question of name-givings. To me there is a points MODE and in that mode you have a live selection TOOL. Yet Maxon calls it a points tool and a selection tool. This made me go crazy. So now when I read polygon tool or edge tool, I replace tool by mode and I avoid the infinite loop.

Here's "The Inside of Energy2". No pretention, mostly a question of setup, materials and lights.
    Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the_inside_of_energy02.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	1034  

Cool [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hahahaha the infinite loop [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ...good one.

Stu.