Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 10, now 11

Hi everyone. (First post)

I was on Windows 8.1 (Full) 64-bit edition and recently upgraded to Windows 10 Home, 64-bit.
    Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 10 was installed prior to and after the upgrade to Windows 10. Photo & Graphic designer 10 worked fine before my upgrade, but afterwards, did not.
    The executables would launch and simply run in the background.

I finally tried to perform a Repair - inserting my Photo & Graphic Desiger 10 CD. It finished the process and no luck. The program still did not launch completely.
    I tried Compatibility mode for Windows 8. Run as Administrator, etc. --no luck.
    I finally uninstalled 10 and re-installed it completely. --no luck.

I've now upgraded to Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 11, downloaded the Trial in hopes of activating it with my key, etc.
    Same issue. 11 launches, but the main user interface is not shown. (The .exe is launched and shows in the windows processes.)

Any clues or help on working through this issue would be extremely appreciated.

Thank you

Default Re: Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 10, now 11

Welcome to TG Martin.

The best way to get this resolved is to raise a ticket with Xara directly.

You haven't noticed a totally minimised window anywhere as I had such once for a different program and once I could maximise it I could then recover form the problem.
    Other than that, sorry.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Welcome to TG Martin.

You haven't noticed a totally minimised window anywhere as I had such once for a different program and once I could maximise it I could then recover form the problem.
    Other than that, sorry.

Acorn
    Thanks Acorn. No, unfortunately, I do not see a minimized application anywhere. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Welcome to TG Martin.

Other than that, sorry.

Acorn
    To be honest Acorn, I can't figure out how to raise a ticket with Xara directly. I've been to the support site, etc. but I must have missed where you raise an issue directly. Any idea? Thank you.

Hi Martin

You need to log into support.xara.com. There you will see a menu option at the top of the page Submit a Ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Hi Martin

You need to log into support.xara.com. There you will see a menu option at the top of the page Submit a Ticket.
    Thank you. I will give it a shot.

FYI Could this be a clue? -when I launch the xara application, go to Windows Task Manager, Right click on the "PhotoGraphicDesigner.exe" application and choose "Analyze wait chain", this box pops up. (Note, this is Windows 10)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XaraWaitChain.PNG 
Views:	144 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	109656

I've added the Xara executables as firewall exclusions, just to troubleshoot this issue. No luck.

The Windows process typically is loaded in the background with 35.628k of memory in use. No GUI ever loads.

From the Service Center: The program registered thinking it was Vista Ultimate as well.

Windows computer with:
    - Windows Vista (TM) Ultimate, 64-Bit
    - AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor
    - 16282 MB RAM
    Recently activated on:
    11/08/2015

Thanks again,

MartinB