Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Is slow loading of Designer Pro 11 Normal

Thanks Mike.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

no problem Ron (if that is indeed the issue. i'm no expert )

Knock on silicon, I bought a huge case and have only had internal expenses (upgrades) for the past 7 years. Easy access (it's an Antec), lots of bays for HDs, and only HD failures in all this time.

Ron, buying local is good, because then you can drive over and kick the daylights out of your vendor, but you could ask any knowledgeable person (the Admin comes to mind, I'm serious) to compile a shopping list based on your future needs (at least one year out), and then you can find someone locally to only assemble the thing. As opposed to 20 years ago, the components are almost stupidly simple to put together. There was a time when it was money-dumb and masochistic to try to chest-thump and build your own PC, but that's not the case in 2015.

My Best,

Gary

Ok. Thanks Gare. I'll see if I can hunt someone down that I know and trust.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Yup those cases are awesome.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    There was a time when it was money-dumb and masochistic to try to chest-thump and build your own PC, but that's not the case in 2015.

Gary
    well I've been building my own boxes since 1991..... main reason was I wanted to source my own hardware, set the OS up the way I wanted it from to off, install only what I wanted.. oh and I enjoyed doing it...

money-dumb? - well lowest cost and paper-spec is not the most important criteria for anything worthwhile
    masochistic - I think that depends on whether you are prepared to learn, and do your finding out up front wherever possible
    chest-thump - nah, there are much better ways of doing that

still all that said assembly is more straight forward now in many ways, and there are some good deals around for pre-built/barebones/kits - but I only have reliable sources for that in the UK
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

These days just about any market PC close to 1000 EUR (700 UKP) range will have enough power for most things. If you are gaming, then obviously no power will never be enough but that will be another story.

And I must disagree and say that it was far easier and more fun to build own systems in the old days. Now just about anything is more toy like and there is lot less room assembling for gigantic hands like mine. I have not bothered to build own computer since about year 2000 and only have changed videocard for this current system of mine.
    Last edited by theinonen; 16 August 2015 at 10:27 AM.

you got your EUR and GBP [UKP] the wrong way round, surely ?

assembling computers is often like assembling a bike, or a car... it's something some people just enjoy doing regardless of anything else; and it sure beats being bored silly watching tennis for example, in my case
    Nothing lasts forever...

ups, you are right. My earlier post edited and hopefully little closer to truth this time.

I used to play with different computers a lot when was a child but apparently I grew too old at some point. I still love toying with retro computers but these newer things are not so special to me anymore.

I built audio amps and tape decks as a child - the same applies there, the modern stuff is not like a class A amp that you can cook breakfast on the heatsink of
    Nothing lasts forever...