Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Default Re: Is slow loading of Designer Pro 11 Normal

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Duke View Post
    Yea, just opened Xara, with only the template loading on start (417k), and it takes between 70 and 80 seconds.

Bloat referring to what?
    Memory mismanagement is one kind of bloat, unnecessary operations. HOwever, in some cases a long load time means no post calculations in some cases (i.e. creation of tables, allocation of memory) so that it doesn't slow down while actually working. I'm not sure of everything under the hood here.

Also, long load times can come from things like having huge libraries of assets (i.e. gazillions of fonts for instance) in some programs, I imagine Xara to be no different. I did notice, personally, that the more assets I have assigned to Xara, the slower it loads and I"m guessing it comes down to locating and verifying the sources for the assets are still there and usable, then creating the database for lists to view them inside of Xara.

However, over one minute is definitely very slow. I have it installed on a SSD on my computer, it loads up in about 15 seconds even with my large library. Is there a chance OP needs to defrag their hard drive?

Default Re: Is slow loading of Designer Pro 11 Normal

I have to report that after updates my Xara Pro 11 is opening at first launch at about 17 seconds. For my computer, THAT IS GREAT!

Thanks Xara DEVS!!!
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer