Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A challenge

How about a modern day chariot race?
    My Harley Davidson Fatboy is faster than your horses. I bet I could beat Gary's worms in a race too! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chariot.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	6296  
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Great suggestion Mickie for putting my favorite brush to work.

Now if I could only draw faces. :-o

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Early So Humble...

great pic jack,
    that beast looks incredibly like the fire monster at the end of Quake 1 you know the one that can't be killed...anybody agree

cheers
    eric

Fun image Bruce!

IF anyone is interested I posted my image to my challenge in the Talkgraphics general forum.

It is not fine art but merely a exercise experimenting with trying to reach an given assignment with the tools at hand. I.e. if I were a commercial graphic artist and was handed an assignment such as my challenge to everyone was what idea would I come up with and how would I do it?? The result was a finer understanding of how to get to the objective in Xara.

Before I even uploaded the image, I was advised that spending time creating frivolous art was a waste of time. This really hurt my feelings but being the rebel I am uploaded it anyway.

I'll be better in the morning! Really!!!
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Before I even uploaded the image, I was advised that spending time creating frivolous art was a waste of time. This really hurt my feelings but being the rebel I am uploaded it anyway. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How dreadfully unenlightened. Breathing is a waste of time. If you don't create images, especially challenging ones, you don't learn. If you don't learn, etc.

You are appreciated here, Judi :-) And we have learned a lot from your "frivolous images".

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Early So Humble...

Judi A.-
    Because I enjoy myself I too have often been accused of "wasting time". I simply ask the speaker what they have done that will be remembered in a thousand years. Given the magnitude of the universe I have always considered myself relatively insignificant so have no pretensions of "greatness". Frivolity is what makes life worth the price of admission.

Judi A.-
    oops... I guess I am too used to posting in the originating thread and compeltely missed your request to post in the regular graphics gallery. Will do (though I've never been there yet). Apologies.

Judi A, Smorg, Scouse Eric-
    Thanks. I liked the devil too because I got paid! <grin> Never played Quake so I am not familiar with that creature (but I did frequently get lost in Doom) BTW, Xara *was* used to create the envelope spline for the light bulb.