Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A challenge

Just trying to stimulate things around here, summer is upon us (at least those above the equator)

About 10 years ago my 1st internet connection was with Compu-serve. We had a couple really fun graphic arts forums going one of which was a monthly idea for a subject and everyone was to interpet it in their own way using whatever graphic program they liked.

One of the more fun ones was to use a mythological person or creature and place it in a modern setting.

So this is my challenge for the next 30 days to take the mythological enity place it in a modern day situation and post it

in the general gallery section of Talk graphics

I'm going to repeat this post to the other forums on Talk graphics.

Can't wait to see the results.

Judi

Just trying to stimulate things around here, summer is upon us (at least those above the equator)

About 10 years ago my 1st internet connection was with Compu-serve. We had a couple really fun graphic arts forums going one of which was a monthly idea for a subject and everyone was to interpet it in their own way using whatever graphic program they liked.

One of the more fun ones was to use a mythological person or creature and place it in a modern setting.

So this is my challenge for the next 30 days to take the mythological enity place it in a modern day situation and post it

in the general gallery section of Talk graphics

I'm going to repeat this post to the other forums on Talk graphics.

Can't wait to see the results.

Judi

Any program? Okay. This is something I did a few months ago for a business newspaper front page article on privatizing hydro power.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	business_times.jpg 
Views:	595 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	12246  

I know I posted this in the Xara Gallery, but this image was done in Xara, THE greatest vector drawing application in the world.

Mr. Super Worm eats the whites out of the inside of the eye and then ejects his bad self through the iris causing what is called a "glassy-eyed" appearence.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Early So Humble...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crystal_eyeball.jpg 
Views:	593 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	14357  

Jack great devil which qualifies for a mythological personage. BUT please post it to the regular Talk graphics gallery.

Gary, Gary, Gary the subject is a mythological person/ animal or spirit in a MODERN situation I may be illerate to an extent, but worms and eyeballs I have never seen in an old Greek or Roman or that of other culture's mythology. Come on you can I'm sure you can rise to the challenge. And post it to the regular Talk graphic's Graphic's forum i.e. not just the Xara one. Like we do we want to show the the rest of Talk Graphics what can be done in Xara either totally or at least partially

Luv & Cheers, Judi

You have never heard of the Green Worms of East Athena?

Why do you think that none of those old Greek and Roman statues have eyes? The have none because they were all eaten by the Green Worms :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Early So Humble...

For many, many years I have been wondering why no eyes?

In fact some ancient statues not only don’t have eyes - they actually have hemispherical recesses where once there were eyes! Those nasty and bad worms!

Thanks Gary - Oh wise sage and moderator person! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

The mighty green worm -the eye gobbler!

I think you guys would have fit perfectly in the world of Willy Wonka as Oompa Loompas...no, sorry, they don't qualify as "mythological creatures in a modern setting." [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

That is a fantastic image, Jack. I love the subtle colors. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Gary...I bet you could do a great medusa [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Mickie