Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Default Re: Wish List for V12

@iamtheblues: it's a good idea, but not what I was thinking at: I try to attach a rough exemple, hoping it's enough self-explanatory
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xaraex1.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	110064  
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by lupen View Post
    @iamtheblues: it's a good idea, but not what I was thinking at: I try to attach a rough exemple, hoping it's enough self-explanatory
    Lupen,
    IF I'm understanding you correctly, the only way I've been able to achieve this effect is by creating a brush and then drawing a line using that new brush to create the gradient effect evenly along the path.
    Then if you wish, you can convert the line to shapes, but of course, you will not be able to edit it after doing that.
    If you want to edit the path of the branch, you'll need to leave it as a brush.
    Last edited by Ron Duke; 13 September 2015 at 05:35 PM.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Duke View Post
    Lupen,
    IF I'm understanding you correctly, the only way I've been able to achieve this effect is by creating a brush and then drawing a line using that new brush to create the gradient effect evenly along the path.
    Then if you wish, you can convert the line to shapes, but of course, you will not be able to edit it after doing that.
    If you want to edit the path of the branch, you'll need to leave it as a brush.
    Yes, this is a possibilty, but every time you have to create a brush, and to do that you have to create the effect you want, and it's time consuming. The new tool should work as a normal fill option, beeing editable in real time in any other variation.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by lupen View Post
    Yes, this is a possibilty, but every time you have to create a brush, and to do that you have to create the effect you want, and it's time consuming. The new tool should work as a normal fill option, beeing editable in real time in any other variation.
    That would be nice...
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer
    IP

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I've used the new art brushes in this way and what I do is to keep the vector art off to the side so you can easily edit colours, etc and quickly create a bunch of different variations of the brush. It's also very handy to keep your art as lines so you can go back in and edit later.

what would be really awesome would be a way to join lines to nodes in other lines and rig them so when the parent line is moved the joined lines move with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rigging.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	110089  
    Last edited by angelize; 14 September 2015 at 07:44 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

What I would like to see in version 12 is an Object Properties Panel (Preferably dock-able like the Gallery Panels and/or being able to hide it if not desired)

I do enjoy the uncluttered interface of Designer don't get me wrong, but it makes for an unnecessary amount of extra steps to get things done the way it is.

Take a simple shape like a circle.

If I want to add a brush stroke outline and a flat transparency and a different color I have to use the Freehand Tool, the transparency Tool, go to the top of the screen to change the width of the line and to the bottom of the page to change the colors.

And if I want to add Web Animation and a Link I have to open the Animation Pop-up and Web Properties Pop-up to change these attributes.

This seems very cumbersome and not very efficient.

All these should be accessible from an Object Properties Panel.

As soon as you select an object this Panel could show you all the attributes of it.

color / line color / line width / transparency / fill / font used (if applicable) / shadow / etc in one tab.
    A second tab could house all the web related properties like animation/link/sticky-stretchy/etc.

A small copy and paste button next to each of these items would make it very easy to transfer them to other objects as needed as well.

I hope I was clear enough in my explanation.

Thank you

Or maybe just have an option to set the transparency in the Color Editor if I was asking for too much at once.
    IP

Hi everyone, I'm a NOOB to this forum so take it easy. All these suggestions are Web related BTW. I would like to add (unless it has already been suggested) the ability to:

1) Allow parallax scrolling, specifically assigning different objects a scroll speed, either positive or negative, and control to follow the mouse at different speeds too.

2) Fully configurable Drop-down text menu's that can have content added (such as more links and sub drop-down menus)

3) A new animation reveal feature that can have objects follow a path to a set ending point, such as a spiral or or other predefined (vector?) path.

4) Improved text handling support from CorelDraw imports. As it is now, I need to Convert the text to Curves to use within Xara. But the main reason I purchased Xara - Today actually - is because it imports CorelDraw files so well!

5) When pasting to multiple pages, a provision to select which layers to paste onto. As of now, they paste on different layers on different pages.

6) When pasting PNG images, the tranparent part of the PNG becomes embedded with the underlying image (unless a transparency level is set). This was confusing when the web pages were exported.

7) An SEO optimization utility to help with us Noob'S

8) Larger Text (pt. sizes) when re-configuring the Drop Down Navigation Bars. As of now the maximum allowable text Pt. size is 28, which is still to small for some of my customers.

Other than those mentioned, (there are more,) but I just gotta say what a great program Xara Designer Pro v.11 is. Kudos to the programmers.
    IP

Welcome, Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Canada View Post
    4) Improved text handling support from CorelDraw imports. As it is now, I need to Convert the text to Curves to use within Xara. But the main reason I purchased Xara - Today actually - is because it imports CorelDraw files so well!
    I use both CD and XDP. It's long been a fact that Xara really needs to update the import/export filters. The CD filters and AI filters both really need it.

Try the legacy CMX export filter from CorelDraw. Well, depending upon your CD version. Old enough and it would simply be CMX Export. Newer CD versions above version 10 (iirc) need to use the Legacy CMX Export. Text will remain text. I exchange drawings and or parts of drawings frequently. Another option is Publish a PDF from CD and open it in XDP.

Mike (MikeWe at the CD forum)
    IP

Mike (MikeWe at the CD forum)[/QUOTE]

It's a small world Mike....it's me, Mike in Canada from Corel too!

I use Corel X6, so legacy stuff won't work. I will just create all my text in Xara as a work around. Look forward to seeing your posts here!

Mike
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Canada View Post

7) An SEO optimization utility to help with us Noob'S

Mike,

There really isn't such a thing as search engine optimization, not when you accept the fact that the number one engine is Google, and Google changes search engine criteria regularly, to foil people who try to "stack the deck." Currently, Google searchbots read the entire document, and take a snapshot of the map of the site, specifically how much content you have. And there's no real way to fake that unless you post a whole bunch of pages of nonsense text, in which case the searchbot will recognize this and report it.

I would not expect a program I use to create web pages to be able to "optimize" my website so it gets a better ranking on Google. If anything, they will penalize you and send you to the bottom of the deck if you try anything below the table.

I'd suggest that you strike #7. You have some helpful additions, and I, too, am familiar with CorelDRAW.

My Best,

Gary
    IP