Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Default Re: Wish List for V12

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Ok the wishlist survey is up and live! I wound up with about 18 items, it was so hard deciding what to include There were so many items here and I spent time going through the forums too. I wish I could have included them all but I needed to keep it quick and easy to fill out. All you have to do is rate each item on a scale of 0 -10 with zero being the lowest.

WISHLIST SURVEY
    Thanks Frances.
    No color node gradient identification, hmmmmm. Seems like a no brainer to me, but I'm just one person.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    I've been comparing Affinity Designer (only available on the Mac at the moment) with Xara a few times.

So, it's about time to do the favour, the other way round.

In this great Serif product, you have some great options for corners.
    (See the image attached.)
    You can easily change which type of corner you want on your rectangle.

And you can control individual corners.
    Whereas in Xara, it's such a chore when I want a rectangle with two corners of one size and the other two corners of a different size.

Wouldn't it be great to see this in Xara?
    Yeah, definitely. CorelDRAW doesn't let you mix & match corners, but you have a rectangle with fillet, scallop, or mitre corners, all of different sizes. It's had this feature for at least two versions, which is 3 years. I can a vote for catching up with DRAW in v12.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DRAW's-scallop-mode.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	109984

DRAW is over the top with some needless features, but others are industry-standard.

Trying to be helpful. Honest.

—Gare
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by jimhanus View Post
    I would like to be able to add to the list of Font sizes. Right now I have a need to change 10pt to 9pt size, and it's on dozens of places per page. I have to select each instance of the word then go to the top and change the setting to 9pt. I think it would be easier as part of the dropdown instead of typing it in each time.
    I second the motion, and would like to add the Xara's Search and Replace feature needs some maturing to make the program truly the logical choice among designers and artists.

PANOSE is a pain in the tuchas, regardless of the software, mostly for the reason Mike mentions. I've never seen a program give font substitution in an intelligent way; CorelDRAW has had PANOSE for centuries (okay, probably since version 5 and they're up to version 17 now), and 1.) the substitutions are laughable. Imagine not having Bodoni on your machine and Comic Strip is offered to stand in. 2.) PANOSE in CorelDRAW doesn't catch all the missing fonts, or worse still displays Arial as the substitution with no idea what the original font is, even though it's on your machine.

If Styles does it, this is great news fot v12 owners. But please, PANOSE gets "no s" from me.

-g
    IP

I'm with you, Ron, on the color node gradient identification. That's been my number one wish for eons.
    IP

I'm not sure if someone asked it before me, anyway: I feel frustrated when, after drawing a rectangle or an ellipse, I rotate it, and from this point on I'm not able to change width or lenght, just scale it. All other programs (DrawPlus, Corel Draw, Illustrator), let me change this. Try to match an existing sketch or photo with a sloped rectangle and you'll see how many time you'll spend to modify the one you drawn. The ideal tool should be like in corel draw, the 3point rectangle/ellipse drawing tool. It's a matter of seconds, not minutes. For me is a fundamental tool, especially for a "pro" software. (I'm still using an old version, so I beg pardon if now it's possible).
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by lupen View Post
    I'm not sure if someone asked it before me, anyway: I feel frustrated when, after drawing a rectangle or an ellipse, I rotate it, and from this point on I'm not able to change width or lenght, just scale it.
    You've been able to play with the width or height of a rotated rectangle for a long time, lupen.

You just select one of the shape's control handles and then drag:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scaling.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	110026

-g
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    You just select one of the shape's control handles and then drag:
    Name:  edit pts.png
Views: 154
Size:  4.9 KB

...choose 'Show object edit handles' to see them.
    ~Fred
    IP

Alternately you can also select the rectangle tool to show those handles, and also enter the width and height manually.

Thanks to all: the problem was not with the old version of Xara but with the old version of my brain's firmware. I updated it and now should work (the brain, not Xara... ). Another interesting tool could be, to have curved or complex objects filled with a gradient fill, a sort of "fill along object", "fill along borders". In this way the gradient will be very smooth and realistic. Till now I'm using a smaller copy of the object and the blend tool, but the result is not always satisfactory.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by lupen View Post
    ...a sort of "fill along object", "fill along borders"...

...Like this?
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fill.png 
Views:	93 
Size:	115.7 KB 
ID:	110056  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP