Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mould or Mold?... That's the Question

As I was looking in Designer Help for the Mould Tool... I could not find it.

There was a section on a Mold Tool i stead that was somewhat helpful though

But still can't figure out what the Detach Mould function is for... Anyone an idea?

And wouldn't the Perspective Mould be a lot more useful if we could lock the vanishing point(s) somehow while working on several shapes?

Thanks for any input.

Rich

Default Re: Mould or Mold?... That's the Question

Mould tool is Shift+F6.
    Help is on Mold.

Inconsistent,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

strictly the one with the u is British and the one without is US - just like colour/color which is also inconsistent in the program....I think the help, and more recent program additions, are tending to the US spelling, but maybe it's just whoever puts it together

From the help file

You may want to move control handles without redrawing the perspectivized object (doing this speeds up screen redraws).

To do this select the Detach mold button. To refit the object, deselect the button.

Once you have a mold as you want it you can copy the mold and paste it to another object.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Thank you kindly for pointing that out Christine.

Perhaps I should have looked a little harder for the info.

You would think they would fix the inconsistencies in the naming of things.

Maybe this is their idea of reaching people on both sides of the pond!

Hi Dutchim,

I think you are in the US, right? If so, I would expect you to see US spellings in the user interface. For instance, "Color" and "Mold".

Can you confirm which spellings you are seeing used in the program? If you are seeing the UK spellings, have you done anything special to configure your machine to show them?

Thanks, Phil

Why not just call it the Warp Tool?
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Hi Phil

Yes I am in the US. When hovering over the icons in the interface I have the Mould Tool... But Color Picker.

No Bob we can't do that... The Shape Painter Tool has a Warp setting now!

In the end it's really not a big deal... Why did I even open my mo(u)th?

Hi Phil

having opened my big mouth too I'll just pitch in - I have UK settings and in designer pro x11 whereas the picker is 'color' 'colour' and the editor is 'colour' the help refers to it's 3D editor function as 'color' both in the index and in the text

I think there are several other examples, but that's the only one to hand

the mould tool is spelt that way when I hover mouse over the tool button, but as far as i can see it is spelt mold in the help section

[I'm used to working with mixed spellings [and units too although not both of those at once ]
    Last edited by handrawn; 28 July 2015 at 08:15 AM. Reason: so mixed up can't get it right myself first time doh

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I've never noticed different spellings but then here in Canada we use British and US spellings rather interchangeably I usually use colour but often I'll use mold. I do try to be consistent in my tutorials though and use the same spellings throughout. (usually British)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.