Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Increase size of eraser tool or mask painter tool or shape painter tool

Hello,
    I would like to increase the size of eraser tool or mask painter tool or shape painter tool beyond 100 pixels which seems to be the default maximum. Does anyone know if it is possible and, if so, how?

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards,
    fuggi

Info Re: Increase size of eraser tool or mask painter tool or shape painter tool

Quote Originally Posted by fuggi View Post
    Hello,
    I would like to increase the size of eraser tool or mask painter tool or shape painter tool beyond 100 pixels which seems to be the default maximum. Does anyone know if it is possible and, if so, how?
    Thank you very much in advance!
    Regards,
    fuggi
    fuggi, I would simply change the scale of the page as at 50% the Erase tool is then double-sized.
    Acorn

P.S. welcome to TalkGraphics.
    Last edited by Acorn; 27 July 2015 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Courtesy
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Increase size of eraser tool or mask painter tool or shape painter tool

.....provided you have it set to zoomed nib and not fixed nib if you are using designer pro 11

Default Re: Increase size of eraser tool or mask painter tool or shape painter tool

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    .....provided you have it set to zoomed nib and not fixed nib if you are using designer pro 11
    Thanks, did this get added in V11?
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

yes it is new in designer pro 11 - I do not think it applies to any of the other versions/products - the option is available for shape painter, region painter, and eraser [button on the infobar left of the size slider]

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    fuggi, I would simply change the scale of the page as at 50% the Erase tool is then double-sized.
    Acorn

P.S. welcome to TalkGraphics.
    Wait a second! You mean ... yes, it works - even in X10. Great! I thought 100 means 100 pixels.

Thanks a lot!
    fuggi

with zoomed nib the size is in screen [monitor] pixels - so the size stays the same no mater what zoom you are using

in fixed, the size is in document pixels, so it will resize with the rest of the document when you zoom

Just to build on Steve's (handrawn) post:
    The button we're talking about is shown in the pics below. It's called 'Size'.

Pic 1. When the 'Size' button stands out, then the selected tool size will remain the same when the page is zoomed in and out. This has the effect of the tool size getting bigger and smaller.

Pic 2. When the 'Size' button is pressed in, the selected tool size will change with the page being zoomed in and out. This has the effect of the tool size remaining the same.

Hope I've explained that well enough?!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zoom-etc.png 
Views:	117 
Size:	6.7 KB 
ID:	109183  

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

a screen shot is always useful Rik

the irony is that in neither case is the nib size getting bigger or smaller, it's just defined differently, so when it does not zoom but the document does, the relative sizes of nib and document change but its always the same screen pixel size nib

the further irony is that the case where the nib does not zoom is called 'zoomed'; but I suppose you could call it an 'inverted zoom' in a sense [not that I would]

all clear?

@ Rik:
    Thank you! Now I know what was meant.

Unfortunately, when zooming out the softness effect weakens so heavily that I can't use it anymore.