Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: XARA on the Grid

Laying out this grid for these light cycles was driving me crazy. I tried several perspective layout based on several rules of thumb. The problem I was having is the light trails on the light cycles was bending in different directions as it was following prospective instead of the light cycles. Stygg was kind enough to send me some additional information on perspective. During our correspondence, I figured out what the problem was. I needed a globe line perspective for this seen. Now the lights following the light cycles are straight. I also used the mould tool to lay out the Xara logo instead of the extrude tool. I think it's all the little details that make a big difference in the final image. I'm much happier with the secant image.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to help me with perspectives. I'm still learning. As usual, there is always somebody on TG willing to help.

Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	On the Grid.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	109215   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	On the Grid 2.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	109214  

Default Re: XARA on the Grid

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Duke View Post
    I'm going to try using this as well as the other techniques/tools I've been given by others.
    Thanks for posting it Mike.
    Yes Ron, This will be very helpful in your new background endeavors. They have good Youtube on this also.