Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: XARA on the Grid

Paul, there's neat little aid called Carapace. It's made by Epic and it's free and very helpful. Just Google Carapace Perspective and follow the link to the Epic page. You can use it to put perspective grid lines on your drawings.

Thank you Mike and Gray for your segestions. I used both of them and came up with a new concept for a background. I think it turned out well. I think you will like it. I used a single perspective to put it together. I though I was starting with somthing simple that ended up more complicated than I thought. Thanks again for the segestions.

Paul

Default Re: The heavy-duty light cycle :)

Quote Originally Posted by Psaumure View Post
    Gary B. You may want to look into getting a new rendering engine if the one your using is not working properly. I know it took my some time to find mine.

Gary B. I found a tutorial on the mould tool for Xara in The Xara Xone. A guess tutorial by Tony I believe. Wow, it does have some power. That's one thing off my list. Looking forward to needing it in some of my drawings.

I'm still looking for some help with perspective grids to use with Xara. Tips, tricks, anything.

Paul
    Gary, your still doing the labyrinth aren't you? Your mom is going to tell you to put your marbles away and go back to bed. Lol

I got the biggest kick out of Ludo. Ludo mell bad.

Thanks for all your help my friend. I appreciate all your support even though I pick on your rendering engine. Lol I don't think that I will be wondering off from Xara any time soon. I'm having to much fun.

Thanks again,

Paul.

Gary, your still doing the labyrinth aren't you? Your mom is going to tell you to put your marbles away and go back to bed. Lol

I got the biggest kick out of Ludo. Ludo mell bad.

Thanks for all your help my friend. I appreciate all your support even though I pick on your rendering engine. Lol I don't think that I will be wondering off from Xara any time soon. I'm having to much fun.

Thanks again,

Paul.
    Paul, what is meant by rendering "engine"?
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Ron, A rendering engine is what renders the final image in most 3D design software. Like Blender. They put in all the information into the software about the image they want to draw and the rendering engine gathers all that information and produces the image. Gary uses a verity of 3D software. Xara is a 2D software and has no rendering engine at all, except for me. I was looking into 3D software and Gary tries to discourage me from using it. We have fun back and forth about using rendering engines. I hope that answers your question.

Yes, thanks Paul.

Xara's Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bailey View Post
    All you need to understand to draw to perspective is, 1: where is the horizon from your point of view. 2: the horizon is where everything in view vanishes. Thus you have a horizon and a vanishing point. I made this drawing a long time ago for someone on TG to illustrate the (vanishing) point.
    If you don't understand feel free to ask.
    I'm going to try using this as well as the other techniques/tools I've been given by others.
    Thanks for posting it Mike.

Xara's Facebook

I glad you are getting some use of the technique. When I'm doing a 2 point perspective the vanishing points often go beyond the limits of the page. I zoom out as far as necessary and draw my guide lines on the guide layer then zoom in to work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 point perspective.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	109210  

Wizard, you must be a Gemini, you talk in twin personalities. Like in labyrinth, " One of us always tells the truth and one of us always lies." Lol

Thank you for the kind words.
    Yes I am a Gemini. The quotes were be cause I was quoting G W Pirester, without reply with quote.
    Do I always talk in twin personalities? I sure hope not. As far as I know I always tell the truth.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Yes I am a Gemini. The quotes were be cause I was quoting G W Pirester, without reply with quote.
    Do I always talk in twin personalities? I sure hope not. As far as I know I always tell the truth.
    I too am a Gemini and that is one of my favorite quotes, "One of us always tells a truth and one of us always lies." It keeps people guessing.