Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default XARA on the Grid

The race is on to get Xara back on the grid. I put this one together last night. This is my design with some influence from some of my other drawings. Just something cool to play with. I hope you like it.

Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	On the Grid.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	109182  

Default Re: XARA on the Grid

That looks very 3D, Paul. I like it.

I'd say you're on a roll, Paul. Beautiful rendering.

Thank you Gray and Gary for your comments. I appreciate your input. Putting together a 3-D image is one thing but trying to put together multiple images on a grid is an entirely different story. I don't know how many times I had to redo that grid. (Yes I do, But I'm not saying.) But it took more time put the grid together than it did putting the 3-D bikes. I have a lot of respect for you grey. You make perspective in your images looks so easy. I have been trying to figure out how to draw with two point perspective and with perspective gridlines. Xara doesn't support that type of drawing yet. Any suggestions from my drawing gurus and mentors? I would greatly appreciated any input.

Paul

"I'd say you're on a roll, Paul. Beautiful rendering." Id say so too. Beautiful work, Paul.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default The heavy-duty light cycle :)

Crap, Paul. I bothered to model the Sy Mead design of the Light Cycle in Tron, and my renders don't look as good as your drawing!!! They look as though Apple produced a motor bike. :)

Keep that rendering engine going in Xara, pal!

-g

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    "I'd say you're on a roll, Paul. Beautiful rendering." Id say so too. Beautiful work, Paul.
    Wizard, you must be a Gemini, you talk in twin personalities. Like in labyrinth, " One of us always tells the truth and one of us always lies." Lol

Thank you for the kind words.

Default Re: The heavy-duty light cycle :)

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Crap, Paul. I bothered to model the Sy Mead design of the Light Cycle in Tron, and my renders don't look as good as your drawing!!! They look as though Apple produced a motor bike.

Keep that rendering engine going in Xara, pal!

-g
    Gary B. You may want to look into getting a new rendering engine if the one your using is not working properly. I know it took my some time to find mine.

Gary B. I found a tutorial on the mould tool for Xara in The Xara Xone. A guess tutorial by Tony I believe. Wow, it does have some power. That's one thing off my list. Looking forward to needing it in some of my drawings.

I'm still looking for some help with perspective grids to use with Xara. Tips, tricks, anything.

Paul

My 2¢ for today on the ancient Greek quandary of which (guard) is the liar:

You are a prisoner in a room with 2 doors and 2 guards. One of the doors will guide you to freedom and behind the other is a hangman -- you don't know which is which. One of the guards always tells the truth and the other always lies. You don't know which one is the truth-teller or the liar either. You have to choose and open one of these doors, but you can only ask a single question from one of the guards.

What do you ask to lead you to the door of freedom?

The "James T. Kirk" answer is:

If I asked what door lead to freedom, what door would the other guard point to?

If you asked the truth-guard, the truth-guard would tell you that the liar-guard would point to the door that leads to death.

If you asked the liar-guard, the liar-guard would tell you that the truth-guard would point to the door that leads to death.

Therefore, no matter who you ask, the guards tell you which door leads to death, and therefore you can pick the other door.

But this has nothing to do with light cycles, sorry, Paul.

I'll just nip around back and off myself.

Thanks, Doug!

Gary

I'm still looking for some help with perspective grids to use with Xara. Tips, tricks, anything.
    All you need to understand to draw to perspective is, 1: where is the horizon from your point of view. 2: the horizon is where everything in view vanishes. Thus you have a horizon and a vanishing point. I made this drawing a long time ago for someone on TG to illustrate the (vanishing) point.
    If you don't understand feel free to ask.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vanishing points.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	149.8 KB 
ID:	109193