Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: form widgets

Default form widgets

Hi,
    Making a dummy website to see some of the new features in Designer Pro 11. I put a form widget in the contact page. I uploaded to Xara Hosting.But when I enter my name and email address and some comments then submit it goes to my cell phone...not my home mail program?
    Weird.
    Jim
    p.s. It is the logiform widget
    the website is
    http://jimsvape.xara.hosting.com
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Default Re: form widgets

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Hi,
    Making a dummy website to see some of the new features in Designer Pro 11. I put a form widget in the contact page. I uploaded to Xara Hosting.But when I enter my name and email address and some comments then submit it goes to my cell phone...not my home mail program?
    Weird.
    Jim
    p.s. It is the logiform widget
    the website is
    http://jimsvape.xara.hosting.com
    Jim, your actual site is http://jimsvape.xara.hosting/.
    The Contact Form on http://jimsvape.xara.hosting/contactpage.htm has somrthing like email=yourSurnameFirstInitial at shaw dot ca, if that is any help.
    When you registered with FormLogix, you probably gave them this email address.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn,
    Yes that is my email address, but that is for my regular email on the computer, not my phone or tablet which receives the email
    but by computer mail program doesn't receive the mail at all which is my main mail program firebird and my virus program isn't blocking it as spam.
    The mail form should send it to both I would imagine.
    Jim
    p.s. I even registered with FormLogix and received no confirmation e-mail. Should I contact FormLogix, (but then it would go to my Galaxy Phone, which is just for emergency use LoL)
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Hi Acorn,
    Yes that is my email address, but that is for my regular email on the computer, not my phone or tablet which receives the email
    but by computer mail program doesn't receive the mail at all which is my main mail program firebird and my virus program isn't blocking it as spam.
    The mail form should send it to both I would imagine.
    Jim
    p.s. I even registered with FormLogix and received no confirmation e-mail. Should I contact FormLogix, (but then it would go to my Galaxy Phone, which is just for emergency use LoL)
    Jim, do you mean Thunderbird?
    If so, the settings you have may be different to your phone. If Thunderbird this something in Junk or Spam, it may be deleting it. This is a separate action to your AV program.
    You may have to put FormLogix into a White List.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn,
    Ok thanks for the responses so promptly...I will try what you suggested and see what happens...I did submit a query to FormLogix so we shall wait and see.
    thanks.
    Jim