Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Xara and windows 10?

Thanks for that article. I have decided to keep my windows 7.. I don't want to lose control over what happens to MY pc... Also don't want to lose older programs.. Frankly I think 10 is one big spying apparatus.. I don't like that.. Anyway thanks again it really helped me make a more informed decision. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    ok and just for balance here's a point of view:

http://www.computerworld.com/article...r-suckers.html

there may well be theething problems, there always to be expected...

Does anyone know if earlier versions of Xara will work with Windows 10? I have versions 5, 6, 7 & 2013 on my current laptop but always revert to 5 for my illustrations (just like it best). I'm currently waiting on a new Dell 2 in 1, hopefully one of the 4 versions I have will work.

Thanks,
    Dennis

Hi Dennis
    As far as I can tell they do.
    I successfully opened XDPX. v9. v10, v11 as well as X3D6, and Xara 3D Maker, all functioned as expected.

PS I did not give any a thorough testing except for V11. Also Filter Forge functions as expected as does Firefox.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Cox View Post
    Does anyone know if earlier versions of Xara will work with Windows 10? I have versions 5, 6, 7 & 2013 on my current laptop but always revert to 5 for my illustrations (just like it best). I'm currently waiting on a new Dell 2 in 1, hopefully one of the 4 versions I have will work.

Thanks,
    Dennis

I've just upgraded my work PC here at Xara to Win10 and everything seems to work perfectly fine (which I wasn't expecting), from version 5 to 11.

MenuMaker (which I struggled getting it to work on Win8) has even started working lol

Did my home PC as well last week, I've noticed a nice performance boost especially playing games.

I run windows on a mac mini ( bootcamp )

The upgrade from 8.1 to 10 was a bit bumpy in that it failed and I was offered "try again" twice but in the end all is well and XDP11 is fine.

I'm liking W10, no charms, no hovering in corners to see if something happens.

Dave D

Thanks Rob-Xar, very nice to hear!