Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello everybody, I have a little problem. If i make a weppage layout in Xara (complete foreground and background) Then Aftherwards I want to cut out some slices wich i use om my website.

The problem i have is that if i cut out a small part out of the whole picture, wich for example i want to use as a backroud, i almost always got a tiny small line on the outside of the little part wich you can see when you use that part as a repeating background.

What am ik doing wrong. Pleas help me getting rid the small outside lines.

Greating Harrie Denkers from Holland

Hello everybody, I have a little problem. If i make a weppage layout in Xara (complete foreground and background) Then Aftherwards I want to cut out some slices wich i use om my website.

The problem i have is that if i cut out a small part out of the whole picture, wich for example i want to use as a backroud, i almost always got a tiny small line on the outside of the little part wich you can see when you use that part as a repeating background.

What am ik doing wrong. Pleas help me getting rid the small outside lines.

Greating Harrie Denkers from Holland

Use whole pixels in your slice. If your "cookie cutter" is 100.6 X 99.7 pixles, xara will pad the resulting slice with the background color. So to alleviate this, use 100X100 for your "cookie cutter" and get a nice slice.

Hello John,

I always had in mind that it had to be somthing verry simple (I am 55 years old and i have gathered so much know how :-) )but this is so simple that it made it very difficult to find out.

Thank's very much for your quick and perfect help. I tried it out and (as you know) it works. I brought my tablets back to the pharmacy and i wil sleep fine without them.

Harrie Denkers

TIP: I create rectangles to the exact size of the slices, then I make the rectangles invisible. I select the rectangle and then export my image.

The attached example shows the three elements of the Xara Xone header.

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slicing.gif 
Views:	402 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	12839  

Hi Gary, I would have sliced it into 5 parts. The parts would have been smaller and speeded up the load time.

Then again, I like varible, full width pages and not fixed width pages. So much space is wasted with fixed width pages. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1upload.gif 
Views:	379 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	1817  

The Xara Xone is a very old and large site, John. This is why it is a fixed width. The Guest Tutorials, Xara X Tutorials, and Featured Artists Galleries are separate sites and do not use fixed widths. So bite me! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Gary (the mature one)

"So bite me!" - Gary

I guess I am overloading more than programs today... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

"So bite me!" - Gary
    rofl!!!!!!!!
    Mike
    see my photoblog http://kcmcomp.com