Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

xdp6 Blending Modes XDP11

Dear developers and users.
    Is it possible to change the name of the transparency types? Ie to remove the old names from brackets.

Now:
    Normal(Mix)
    Multiply(Stained glass)...

I want:
    Normal
    Multiply etc...

Thanks!

Default Re: Blending Modes XDP11

I believe the old bracketed names remain while you have created them in an earlier version.

Apply the new transparencies, save, close and re-open and check if the old names have gone.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

and I want them to stay please

for goodness sake - what does it matter, when it is helpful to those who don't think in terms of adobe transparencies..

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post

for goodness sake - what does it matter, when it is helpful to those who don't think in terms of adobe transparencies..
    I think they are W3C standards. Despite that I am keeping XDPX10 available as I believe some of the transparencies done in that cannot now be created in XDPX11.
    Do please correct me if I am wrong.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I believe the old bracketed names remain while you have created them in an earlier version.

Apply the new transparencies, save, close and re-open and check if the old names have gone.

Acorn
    I do not think so. I opened the PSD file. Transparency were put in Photoshop.

it will import them and you can paste attributes, so no reason I can see not to include them in the UI

but I was just puzzled about why the stuff in brackets was in any way shape or form a problem, I've already had the discussion with Phil about support

and on that basis here is somethig I would do a lot of [brightness and contrast] - how is this done with the new transparencies, anyone know I'd be grateful...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example transparency old.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	109084  
    Attached Files Attached Files

ok if you are talking about exporting to PSD, that's a fair point - but you did not say that in your first post.. I would not want them removed in the xara UI

EDIT if the old ones were included separately it might solve your issue

Frankly Xara's blending mode names are always confused me.
    If the other programs (not only Adobe) "muliply" called "muliply" why by Xara "stained glass"?
    Why now "hard light" not called "smoked glass"?

Also, I do not ask to reprogram software. I ask about custom settings.

it will import them and you can paste attributes, so no reason I can see not to include them in the UI

but I was just puzzled about why the stuff in brackets was in any way shape or form a problem, I've already had the discussion with Phil about support

and on that basis here is somethig I would do a lot of [brightness and contrast] - how is this done with the new transparencies, anyone know I'd be grateful...
    Oh, these types of really lacking. But this can be done differently.

Make a bitmap copy--->Photo saturation = -100--->Hard Light

thanks for the info I'll look at that