Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Serious error (DPX11's words) in widget creator

I've ticketd it but is anyone else getting errors trying to use the online slideshow widget? I'm seeing it on PC and my laptop. I Load the design new widget widget and first time it says the website has a certificate problem then second go I get to the loading screen which just goes on and on, clicking cancel generates a serious error and Xara crashes out.

Anyone else verify or is it something I am doing

Edit: 64bit version DPX11 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with all updates, I7 CPU, 32gb ram, NVidea GFX

Default Re: Serious error (DPX11's words) in widget creator

I have moved this to the web design chat. Are you referring to the Task Pilot slideshow?

Hi Gary,
    Thanks for moving me to a more appropriate place

Design Gallery/ Page Elements and Widgets/ Photo Elements and Widgets/ Photo Slideshow and Galleries (Widgets) / drag NEW Xara slideshow onto page and it connects to the Xara website. It will sit waiting forever if left alone so I clicked cancel and got an access violation error followed by a serious Xara error. On cancelling these errors I get another saying " an extremely serious error has occured" and Xara quits.

You can also trigger the error by pressing "insert" followed by "cancel"

I was just wondering if anyone else had seen it as I had the problem on both my machines and also as a warning that it might mess up work you've already done.
    As I say, ticketed it but more users reporting it can't be a bad thing.....

Not sure but originally there was going to be a Task Pilot web-based slide show and web hosting feature. This was scrubbed at the 11th hour and replaced with xara.hosting

My sense of what is happening is DPX11 is looking for this and it no longer exists. It may also be nature's way of telling you to try another slide show.

I will take the hint then Gary
    Thanks for the help.

Just a small update......

Had a reply from Xara support that the issue has been forwarded to the developer for fixing and in the meantime, as Gary suggests "use another slideshow widget"

Actually looks like a pretty cool feature if it works.

I think it needs a little more time. I suspect we will see the slide show in another month or two.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I think it needs a little more time. I suspect we will see the slide show in another month or two.

I was wandering if anyone had any updates on this? I'm still having this problem and as said, it looks like a radically better option than the other widgets, if it worked. I'm quite surprised Xara haven't resolved this sooner!

Thanks

Welcome to TG Simon. Works for me ???
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host