Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Default Re: Just Release: Xara Designer Pro X11

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Not with AT&T of course Ron but what happens when you try to view it?
    It buffers for about 10 minutes and says it cant access the website. Ive gone round and round with AT&T on this, theyve sent people out, replaced lines, talked twice with level 2 techs there and still no success. They claim the problems with the website and not their equipment. I told them, then why is it possible for everyone else to access it and why am I able to access it NOT using their service, i.e. Hot Spot with Verizon.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Ron have you tried going through a proxy server?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Time to switch from ATT. They have the reputation for being the worst. The review should be on the XaraXone soon. I was making 11th hour revisions and Barbara got the files late.
    I have one option and that is Direct TV and they use, guess who, AT&T.

Xara's Facebook

I have not been able to access any of the xara/magix web sites either. I can get to Xara.com with no problems.

Just opened a file I created in the free trial version of Xara Web thingy and Mothers Union (Sorry can't keep up with all these variant names for Xara products) using the new art brushes and it worked fine in Xara Designer Pro X11. FUN!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	interlocking-spirals.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	235.9 KB 
ID:	109036  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yesss!!

Thanks you for the awesome work, this is huge.
    Cool first look Gary!

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bailey View Post
    I have not been able to access any of the xara/magix web sites either. I can get to Xara.com with no problems.
    THANK GOODNESS! Someone who understands!

Xara's Facebook

I'm not on AT&T, but just a thought: have you tried to change your DNS settings on your network card? If you are getting bad DNS because of lookups directly on AT&T servers, maybe overriding that at your network card will help? n This would make sure that all the addresses along the path would be correct, converting names to IP addresses.

You can get to this by right clicking your network connection down by the clock, clicking "open network and sharing center", then going to "change adapter settings" on the left sidebar of that window. Then select your network connection (wired or wireless according to what you are using), right click it, go to properties, select the Internet Protocol IPv4 and go to the properties for that. Then at the bottom of that screen, you can see the option to specify your DNS settings. For the primary, put in 8.8.8.8 (this is a public Google DNS server). You don't need a secondary, but if you just can't help yourself, put in 8.8.4.4 (another Google public server).

Does that help this issue? Don't forget to turn this back to "automatically obtain" DNS if it doesn't work. If it does work, then it likely won't hurt anything to leave it this way. Those servers have been in place for years and I don't anticipate them going anywhere any time soon.

* I'm not responsible for anything you break while following this advice
    Last edited by slavelle; 21 July 2015 at 02:11 AM. Reason: clarification of step

Ok - so I'll be the first to ask:

I didn't see anything new here that was exclusive to Designer Pro. We all know that we get all the features of the "lower" products in the line, but there's usually something in there for the Pro only users, right?

What is that thing? Is there one this time around? Am I just imaging this?

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Auto hyphenation is a new pro only feature. At the end of the text info bar there is a syl- icon that toggles it on and off and in the spell check menu there is a link to a settings panel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.