Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: 1930s Gas Station

Looks great Ron!
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Looks great Ron!
    Larry?! Are you just being nice to your student?
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

No completely sincere. Once I figured out I was seeing oil cans, it no longer bothers me. I figure it's harder to tell at the posted size. However because they are so similar in color to the white truck that they play against at a quick glance it is in my opinion confusing. I understand what you are saying about the stars, your call.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Duke View Post
    Paul, I want to acknowledge your VERY generous offer, but RESPECTFULLY decline. Any changes and adjustments I want to be by me based purely on what I can glean from knowledgeable persons such as yourself, so that it still remains my work with the tutelage of you all.
    I understand completely Ron. That's why I asked. I certainly don't want to take away from what you are doing. I just wanted to point out that the cars and people are all basically the same size throughout the picture. As you look at the image, the first car and attendant should be larger then the ones in the back. this will also make the first car closer to one third of the lower portion of the image. evening out the rules of thirds. I hope that makes sense. This adjustment is an easy one. Just look at some pictures on the net and you will see what i'm talking about.

Anyways Ron, It's a great image and something to be proud of.

Paul

Very true Paul, I thought of that myself. But sometimes if the distance is only few feet it may be very slight. In this case I choose to leave well enough alone because it is a magnificent piece. I have found that one change many times leads to another to another to another and can end up as a vicious cycle. Poor Ron is probably beside himself not knowing what to make of all these comments, although I can tell he is trying very hard to incorporate some if not all of them.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

You're right Wizard. Go ahead and disregard my last suggestion Ron. Sometimes you have to choose where you're going to stop and just enjoy your artwork. Your image was brilliant before any of our suggestions. Enjoy my friend.

Paul

I deeply appreciate all the input! I'm trying...

Xara's Facebook

Hey Ron, this stuff is supposed to be fun. Trying heck, you have done it my friend. Sit back and have a good look at what you have done without trying to change it. Take some time to enjoy it as muck as we do.

Paul

Thanks, you all have been very supportive and have put a smile on my face.

Xara's Facebook